• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Change your clocks tonight.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
My cell phone decided to adjust for Dst even though Arizona doesn't change time. I thought I was an hour late :eek:

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
I've been upbeat all week since hearing we gain an hour of daylight this Sunday.

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

shucker1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Metairie, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT 5.0
State of Florida was talking about dropping DST as well.

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
State of Florida was talking about dropping DST as well.
I wish we all would drop the DST. I need the daylight when I'm home after work, not in the morning. The Winter schedule is depressing, dark at 5:30 or before you get home, that's nuts.

shucker1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Metairie, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT 5.0
Well...

You could move to Alaska.....

6 months of daylight and 6 months of darkness.

Kinda rolls it into one neat little package...

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I like the concept of DST, the times that it changes are fine with me. What bugs me is the actual time, I want more daylight useful to me. I don't care if it's dark when I go to work, or while at work.

I want more daylight when I am not at work, when I can appreciate it. The time everywhere all of the time should be pushed forward one hour. That alone would give us all one more hour of daylight each day to use, for those who get off work before dark. I hate it in Winter when it's dark before you get home. Regards,

AZ doesn't do DST because no one wants an hour more of daylight when it's cookin' hot out in the summer ;)

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
Yes, we all have our special climates.

Here, we get too much of Summer and Winter, with maybe four weeks of Spring and Fall sprinkled in rarely. You've got too much heat and sun without rain. We get too much "rain", not so much volume but way too many all cloudy days with dreary light rain. I sound like a Seattle person I'm sure. I just love sunlight, and clouds are depressing.

You could bury everything underground in those hottest climates, but then you don't see the sun even when it's out. We're a bunch of snowflakes aren't we?

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
It's hard to adjust to the time change. I have to get up an hour earlier everyday then night time starts an hour later. We're getting a lot of rain so it's dark & cloudy all day. I guess it's better than a snow storm.

Yes, be happy it's rain and not snow. I'm headed outside for my two days off now, sunshine and in the 50-60 range.:)

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Here, we get too much of Summer and Winter, with maybe four weeks of Spring and Fall sprinkled in rarely.

We have two seasons, Summer and Hell. We have another couple months of Summer before Hell kicks in.:laugh:

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD

Josh P

Shaggin Wagon
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar
My cell phone decided to adjust for Dst even though Arizona doesn't change time. I thought I was an hour late :eek:
My phone did the exact same thing. How hard is it to get it right...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.