Changed plugs in 05 4.6 Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Changed plugs in 05 4.6 Eddie Bauer

blang

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Eddie Bauer V8
I changed the plugs in my wife's Eddie last night, took a little over an hour taking my time. Had zero problems except broke one of the connectors that hook to the COP. Broke the tab off the connector. I zip tied it temporarily until I can figure out a permanent fix. Anyone done this before. What fix did you use? Can you buy a pigtail replacement anywhere besides dealer?

if its on securely, keep the zip tie. . . ..
If you have a junkyard buy/cut a similar one off. I've found these connectors sometimes come apart and you can pull out the wire from the back side of the connector,then put it in the connector you just bought. Did this with brake lights. There was a white insert on the front side, pulled it out with needle nose, unlatched the connector (small narrow screw driver from the front) to release the last clip, then the wire pulled out the back.

leave the zip on it.

I broke several when I did mine about 2 months ago. Also broke multiple ones off the fuel injector connectors. They all had enough bite on them that I just left them as they are.

Back