Changed spark plugs this morning!

DonM

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Ocean View, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
Well, my arms are a little sore and my nuckles are some what tender but I changed them out with little problem! :D

Took me 1 1/2 hours on my first try. Would have only taken me 1 hour, but the damn middle plug on the passenger side was a real pain in the ass.

I did a search about changing spark plugs last week and you guys had me scared to change them out.:confused: I found the job not easy, but not difficult like many have said.

Next time, im sure I could have it done in 1 hour.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You know you can get to those pesky passenger side ones through the fender well. It is actually faster to remove ht eplastic liner enough to get it up out of the way then it is to try and get your driver/wobbly/socket down in there......

I am so glad I ditched my A/C, modified my intake, etc etc when it comes time to do those plugs.............

Man Ford really crammed that stuff in there didnt they! hahahaha

Yup! the tire came off as did the liner. Which made it easyer to get to. The middle plug was still a pain to get to reguardless. :( Not sure which number it is? Either #2 or #5 on the passenger side.

:D A 3" Body Lift puts all the plugs right smack in front of your face through the wheel well. :D

They're so easy to get to with the BL I'm almost tempted to change mine!

hehehe and if you ditch the entire stock suspension, A/C, intake, exhaust manifolds, and plastic liners. Then install some coilovers with hoops and a Dana 44 then they are REALLY easy to get to. No body lift required.

:p

BL= higher center of gravity and if you think an Explorer is tippy try a BII!!!

To be honest, I haven't really found my X to be tippy...

I imagine once I get to the SAS I'll tone down the BL to 2" (hehe maybe, just maybe)...but I drive this thing hard and only once through my own stupidity did I actual feel off center.:D

Tippy is when you hit ice on the highway and start to spin, 360

Tippy is when you are balancing on two tires the drivers front and the pass rear because you just drove into a 6' gully off a 3' ledge (Yikes that one was clostest I have been to putting her on her side, no sway bars, shocks set on soft. rocked back and forth about 3 times till I was able to move forward and get the drivers rear back on teh ground......)

Tippy is any situation off road where the terrain or your choice of line has left you VERY off camber.

Here are some "tippy" situations:

:)

Dead Link Removed

Many of those trucks have body lifts and do rather well!!!

I personally would rather trim the fenders to get the clearance, and if I want to stuff a 5.0L in there I will use a hammer.........I would really like to lower the body on my BII about an 1", hmmmmm....

Oh BTW the last truck in those pics is TRCKMGIC he and his girl just had a baby!!!

Also Herc is in on that trip, and Micheal known as red Bull.....There is RockRanger as well and of course Brett in the other BII.

I miss Moab, next time I will be climbing those walls..........I'm addicted

I wanna be tippy someday! :D

Back