• Register Today It's free!

Changing Between HD Channels

APO

Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Hi Everyone. New to the board and my first post.

Just purchased a used 2014 Black on Black Sport. Loving it so far.

I have not been able to figure out how to change between HD channels. More specifically if I have FM on, lets say 103.3, and I see the HD symbol with a 1, 2, and 3 next to it. The 1 is colored in that HD orange color while the 2 and 3 are white. I know for a fact that 103.3 has three different HD variations.

My problem is that I cannot figure how to switch from their HD 1, to HD 2 to HD 3. I have tried using the seek function, pressing on the numbers and nothing. At first I thought that maybe where I was located did not receive the 2 and the 3 but this held true for every single FM station that I went to. I was in Boston today and there is no question that I was in range of the various HD signals from a number of FM stations.

I have read the manual and watched the Ford video online and I am no closer to solving my problem. Driving myself crazy trying to figure this out. Any suggestions would be much appreciated and thanks in advance for your help.

Also, on a different note, is there a flashing light that shows that the factory alarm is armed? Thanks.

Andrew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

Use the up/down arrows on the circle control just below the screen?

On the Sony system you can use the "- Tune +' button to move to the next HD channel. You can also use Direct Tune to go directly. For example if you enter 10372 it will take you to 103.7 channel 2.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Back