Changing Dash Color. ?

espnfreak

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Elgin, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Maxima SE-L *5spd
how can i get all the speedo lights and dash lights to a darker blue. i think that indiglo green looks like crap. i know someone got all of them red. what kinda work woud this take, and do you buy colored bulbs or paint them yourself? thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a light coat of high heat paint on some clear ones?

you can just replace the bulbs with different colors, but it is a real pain.

I changed mine a while ago...just changed the bulbs to colored ones and like leenjen said it is a PITA.

so how hard is it going to be to change the bulb colors? i want mine like a blueish color, more like dark blue than a indiglo

I've been wanting to replace the bulbs in cluster because of them burned out. so I finally got 3 pairs of Hiper 194 bulbs from autotoys.com today. I was thinking about getting PIAAs but I figured they wouldn't be worth the extra money like headlight bulbs. Hipers seem pretty well made. The glass is not painted like cheap bulbs, it's actually blue glass, so they will produce "whiter"light.

I'm going to try installing them next weekend

Make sure you get pics! I got a '96 which is similar, so i would love to see how it turns out. Wish ya good luck!

Back