Changing headlight switch on 2016 PIU | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Changing headlight switch on 2016 PIU

firemedicbill

Reaction score
City, State
Vero Beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer PIU
Changing out the headlight switch on my '16 PIU so that I can add an autolamp one. Already have the sunload sensor on dash. Pulled the current switch and hit a roadblock (pun intended). the exisiting harness plug is rectangular and the supposed "correct" part I was sent is square. Attached 2 pics which I hope help. Trying to find the correct part # for the right switch. I did finally realize that the part they sent does NOT match part # on box. can anyone help on the right part # before I trudge over to the nearest dealer?

open
view

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Peter. and thank you return policies!

Trying to search the part # you gave, isn’t coming up at all. and obviously the link you shared wouldn’t fit mine.

Have a direct link for a site that carries it?

That is strange. The site gives the correct number but then there is no search result for it. Try this site; Search Catalog Results for parts.ford.com

Peter

Just tried it and got zero results. It may just be worth going to the dealer, pulling my current switch, and having them match it up to get the right part number. But thanks for your help!

Just tried it and got zero results. It may just be worth going to the dealer, pulling my current switch, and having them match it up to get the right part number. But thanks for your help!
I'm sure one of the switches shown on that site is the correct one but unfortunately they don't show the back of the switches.
Visiting the dealer was my next suggestion. Good luck.

Peter

When I get it figured out i’ll post the proper part # as i’m sure someone else will have this problem in the future.

Thanks again!

Can I tag along this thread? I don't want auto function, but I also have a 2016 PPV unit. Mine came with fog lights, but with no way to turn them on. Does anyone know if I simply replace the switch, would they work?
IMG-3642.jpg
IMG-3646.jpg

Can I tag along this thread? I don't want auto function, but I also have a 2016 PPV unit. Mine came with fog lights, but with no way to turn them on. Does anyone know if I simply replace the switch, would they work?View attachment 329101

Those are emergency warning lights in the fog lamp location. Something that ford offered as an option for the PIU from the factory. They are not fog lamps. Fog Lamps were not available on the PIU.

Thank you sir!! You saved me a headache!

Back