Changing LED Signature Lights color | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Changing LED Signature Lights color

ExploringOptions

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer
On a 16/17 Explorer, is it possible to change the LED color of the headlight outline (is there an official name for that light?) to yellow like on some of the 2016 F150s?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On a 16/17 Explorer, is it possible to change the LED color of the headlight outline (is there an official name for that light?) to yellow like on some of the 2016 F150s?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
There is no setting to change the colour of the LED Signature lighting. You would probably have to disassemble the headlight assembly to try to change that, if possible.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
There is no setting to change the colour of the LED Signature lighting. You would probably have to disassemble the headlight assembly to try to change that, if possible.

Peter
Thank you! Yes, that's what I'm curious to find out. Whether anyone knows if it's possible to get to the LED and switch the color. I think it would look great with the yellow like on the F150s.

Thank you! Yes, that's what I'm curious to find out. Whether anyone knows if it's possible to get to the LED and switch the color. I think it would look great with the yellow like on the F150s.
Yes, there's an aftermarket option and you can change to 5+ different colours. There's a member on here that modified his EX for the previous SEMA show and had it installed. You'll have to do a search (keyword "SEMA"), as I'm on mobile and can't copy/paste the link.

Back