Changing Long Center Console to short (with rear air?) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Changing Long Center Console to short (with rear air?)

tysonandbrie

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Explorer EB...the info center is cracked, and to be honest it doesn't get used too much, just kind of in the way. We would rather have a shorter center console...
The question is...are there any you can get that have the rear air vents? I'd hate for our daughter to not have that...

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The air duct runs right through the long console. So with a short one in there, you'd have to have exposed ducting. Which probably wouldn't look so good.

Why not take out the message center portion of the console (it just pulls out, 4 clips and pop the wiring harness) and replace it with one that has the storage cubbies instead? That would be much more useful...

The short one doesn't have air vents, and the cupholders always break. You aren't likely to find one in good shape. Plus there are holes and things you will see when the old console is removed.

JoeDirt's suggestion is best, just get that piece with the 2 cubbyholes...

I'm sure kbabiak has some of them laying around... fire him a PM or look at his for sale thread- he's parting out Ex's like mad... :thumbsup:

This one:

c60a186d4046381e013577ca8983f734.jpg

Back