changing plugs have a ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

changing plugs have a ?

96limitedX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
ok i decided to finally chnage my plugs. the gap on the old ones was 80 and they were well used. im pretty sure they were stock with 84,000 miles on them. so whats the right gap for the new ones? i checked them and they are at 40 right now. is that about right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

.054 yo

Pretty sure there is a sticker under the hood with this info. Or better yet, an actual service manual could have answered this.

Or this forum, for which its used for...

well i found my chilton(sp?) manual. it was lost..thats why i asked. it said 45-50 was good. i went with middle ground. some where like 48 or so not exact.

im SO glad i ghanged them. it idles SO much smoother. it has ALOT more power then it did. it sounds better through the revs. i cant belive what a differance it made. this is awsome!! anyone that has not doen it DO IT its amazing.

also the thing was i though it ran very smooth to start with..lol

So, let me get this straight..................you had a question (that would be answered by your own vehicle) and you asked for the answer on EF. You got one reply that told you the exact answer (section525 telling you the gap was .054) and me telling you where you could find this information on your vehicle (tag will state .052-.056)....................and then you find a chilton's manual and go by what they say? (which is incorrect)

Did you ask a question, and then just completely ignore the answers?

i dident see the post untill it was to late. im sorry to have caused you a problem.

Back