Changing the Light switch

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Hey folks I haven't done this yet but here's what happened the light switch behind the pull part there is that round thing that threads onto the switch behind the dash and holds it into place, well I went to turn my lights off tonight and that whole threaded part busted off so obviously couldn't turn my headlights off, I had to unhook the battery to shut the lights off. My question is, is this thing a pain in the butt to do from what I seen in the haynes manual its basically plug-n-play. Is this so or what? I'm going to get one in the morning to fix it asap. thanks guys have a good one!

Hey folks I haven't done this yet but here's what happened the light switch behind the pull part there is that round thing that threads onto the switch behind the dash and holds it into place, well I went to turn my lights off tonight and that whole threaded part busted off so obviously couldn't turn my headlights off, I had to unhook the battery to shut the lights off. My question is, is this thing a pain in the butt to do from what I seen in the haynes manual its basically plug-n-play. Is this so or what? I'm going to get one in the morning to fix it asap. thanks guys have a good one!

Its just that, a switch.

I went to price one today and the junk yard said 40,

You have to take your panal trem off. It just pops out, but first you have to take out the 2 screws thats keep it locked in near the cigerette light, just pull that out, cafefully. You may have to put the car in gear 2 to get the panel trim off. THen you gotta remove the light switch by taking out the 2 screws, they are star screws i small size, taking the back of the light switch power supply can be alil hard, just have to flatheads handy. one for each side.

k thanks for the info, when mine broke lastnight it was to dark to mess with.

Ok, I got it fixed this morning it wasn't a complicating thing accept the plastic clips are always a b*tch for me but yeah it was just plug and play pretty easy change.

Back