cheap lift for 96 XLT

bryceheinz

Reaction score
City, State
ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT V8
whats a cheap lift i can do for a 96 XLT V8 AWD

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How big of a lift? If your only looking for a few inches then you can do a torsion twist and add shackles and/or add a leafs to the rear. Do a search on torsion twist and shackles you'll understand what I'm referring to. If your looking for 4", there is a suspension lift available however the price tag is over $1000. Another option is to install a body lift. Performance Accessories 853 body lift will work for you however you need to get the bumper brackets from the PA 883 body lift or get them made from diagrams on this site.

ok thanks...so the explorer has 147,000miles on it and im wondering if this will make it ride stiffer by cranking the torsion bars up...we use it to tow a 2 place sled trailer and it would a ruff ride with a harder suspension...plus we don't know what parts are still original....im guession the shackles are easy to do??

yes the shackels are easy....its 2 bolts per side....search there is a thread on how to replace your shackels....

ok i talked with someone today and they said the car will handle bad and ride real hard

Hey just wondering(and u probably get the same question all the time), but I have a 95 explorer and was wanting a lift. Now I know that u can do the torrsion thing but I heard and seen(loacaly)some explorers that seem to have a lift. If there r any lifts out there i was wondering where to find them cause i keep comin up blank :( The info would be much appericiated. Ty

bryceheinz said:
ok i talked with someone today and they said the car will handle bad and ride real hard
who the hell did you talk too?.....they will handle fine and the ride isnt to much rougher....the 95 is the smae as the 96 lift. TT shackles a BL or the expnsize RCDS kits and the superlift. search around....

Back