• Register Today It's free!

Cheap sensors?

wantdeath

Reaction score
City, State
NW Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Mazda Navajo
Does anyone know where to get a cheap mass airflow sensor? i did my codes last night and found throttle position sensor voltage too high, and too low. and mass aiflow voltage too high and too low. and aircharge sensor voltage out of range. i changed the crank sensor just because i wanted to and then i changed the tps. im going to get a air charge temp sensor today. but the mass airflow sensor is like $100.00 too much for me lol Any ideas? I have a spare transfer case if anybody close by findlay ohio wants to swap for a mass airflow sensor??? :D

I live in findlay and have some of the mass air flow cleaning spray from crc i think it is. You are more than welcome to stop by and use some of my can if you want. I dont have an extra MAF laying around, but I do have a transfer case lol

Try cleaning it first. That usually does the trick. People use all sorts of stuff from break parts cleaner(wouldn't recomend) to White Vinegar to clean them.

I've personally user the MAF cleaner and white vinegar with success both times.

well thanks for the offer but i have some crc mass airflow cleaner. when i took out the mass air flow sensor its wires looked bent. so i figure it is bad. i found a old sensor in my barn from a taurus i parted out so i slapped it in and no more codes :) i spent all day again working on my navajo. gas leak at the top of the pump assembly. i was going fix it. i un soldered the line out of the top and went to oriellys and was about to buy the line to repair the pump. but i just went ahead and bought the pump assembly. they didnt have one for a navajo, and wanted me to order it for 300 and change. so i said i had an explorer and they had one in stock for 112. thats the first time oriellys has ever let me down like that. bought new fuel line retainers (the little clips in the vinyl line), and a new pump retaining ring. used a whole tube of silicon to seal up the floor with 2 old license plates and self taping screws. after that i did koeo and passed. then i did koer and passed. i think.... the code reader told me to floor it and then when i came back it was off.

EDIT: i was going to take pics and do a show and tell, but i was REALLY in a hurry. i spent all day yesterday working on my navajo and i just want to relax!

Back