Cheap tires that compare to BFG AT's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cheap tires that compare to BFG AT's

I'm rather shocked at the price of tires.
Stock size 235-75-15 BFG AT's I want, but cheapest I can find just the tires is $620. Not including install.
My car's 20's performance tires were only a few dollars more:eek:
I don't want to drop that much since my X is 2wd & see's light duty HW miles & doesn't get driving much.

So what tires are comparable to the BFG AT's? Tread wear doesn't concern me much since again it doesn't get driven more then about a 500 miles/month.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've heard good things about those general grabbers. I personally did not like the BFG AT's.

I'm loving my Faulken Rocky Mountains :thumbsup:

Thanks I'll look into those

Deffinety Dakota AT2s from pepboys. Pretty cheap if you catch them on the buy 3 get one free deal.

I did notice the PepBoys commercial last night for buy 3 get one free (or $1 I think). Hard to beat that.

..Tires are a petroleum based prduct and you can easily follow the price point by watching the gas prices..:scratch:

..Check these guys out first for the best prices on tires that I have found online..
http://tirecrawler.com/shop/detail_tire.php?product_id=5701

..And there are lots of owners on here that swear by these as an alternative..They have a copy tread of the bfg at/ko tire..;)
https://treadwright.com/

..In Cali shipping is free to an "America's Tire" store..

.. and for those who are truly seeking a discount and are a little creative, big chain tire stores like Discount tire can and will price match Tirecrawler.com...;)

Discount Tire will match most anything. Take into account, like an online price, that they will go to that website you want to match. They will get the total, including all shipping costs. If you brought in a total price printed out, and they cannot match the price by going to that website, then they will decline matching what you brought in, but will show you the total on screen, and match that. I think that is pretty fair in their part.

If you check craigslist regularly, you might find a set of take-off's. I've had luck before on a set of michelins for just under $400. for my Excursion.

..I usually just ask if they will price match so and so..I usually get one out of ten that will look up and price match including the shipping..The other nine will just price match and add local tax only as they want to make the sale..;)

..Craigs list is a very good option as mentioned..CL now gives people a place to sell their take-offs..Great suggestion..:biggthump

Back