Cheapest place for gas tank fuel filler neck? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cheapest place for gas tank fuel filler neck?

JusTheUsual

Reaction score
City, State
Central NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
I just went to go put gas in and the gas poured on the ground. The fuel filler neck broke right off where the flap opening is to put in nozzle. Looking for cheapest place to get like a good used fuel filler neck. Any ideas where? I use to see them for like $90 and was hoping if im lucky for like half that besides a junkyard

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just went to go put gas in and the gas poured on the ground. The fuel filler neck broke right off where the flap opening is to put in nozzle. Looking for cheapest place to get like a good used fuel filler neck. Any ideas where? I use to see them for like $90 and was hoping if im lucky for like half that besides a junkyard

Used on eBay. Get one from a southern car. I just removed one of a southern 2001. It was just like new. Why pay $90 plus shipping when you can get a good used one for $40-$60? It's not like it's a complicated part that wears out. They just rust on salt-belt vehicles.

Example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXPLORER-19...562-/121688589647?hash=item1c5534854f&vxp=mtr

I can't swear to it, but I think the 2dr and 4dr filler necks are the same, but check.

Thanks, but I just found this. I cant believe it. I was sure I wouldn't be able to find anything for under $90 last time I checked for one

http://www.partstrain.com/store/det...=g&c2cid=f6f1a52e-3028-4fb6-8139-8c45b7d79956

Just saying - from experience - you might want to take a minute before you pull the trigger and call their toll free # and ensure that they have it they (OR their supplier) physically have it in stock and it's ready to ship.

I realize that their website says it's in stock, but sometimes when it's too good to be true ;)

Sometimes these types of places don't have the item on their shelf, and are utilizing outside "drop ship" suppliers.

Because of this - there is the probability that the two companies databases aren't up to date.

I've been in that boat once and learned from it - luckily it was for company equipment and not my Ex.

I got mine from Rock Auto. $79.00 but it fit perfect and had it within a few days. Probably the most cost effective best bet is a salvage yard, tho. Here in Texas most of the yards are filled with accident vehicles or ones that are just used up and not cared for. Seldom see any rust buckets.

I ordered it yesterday and it's in stock. I couldn't believe the price either.

Just got it and installed it. Everything is great. I think others should be looking at theirs to see if it need to be replaced anytime soon while they have this great of a deal. We all know its a common failure.

Back