Check engine light on, pulled codes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check engine light on, pulled codes

TheJMan

Reaction score
City, State
Scottsdale, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Mazda 3 Hatchback
Well, I've only had this car for five days and the check engine light comes on. I drove it up to Checker and scanned the codes. It gave me codes P0102 and P0113. P0102 has something to do with IAT communication malfunction and P0113 was MAF voltage too low. Anyway, I drove out of the parking lot and realized that I took off the MAF connector and forgot to put it back on. So I pulled over, reconnected it, turned off the truck, and restarted it. Anyway, the check engine light is still on, even after reconnecting the MAF.

Could there still be a problem or does the check engine light stay on until the codes are cleared?

the check engine light will stay on for a number of drive cycles if not reestablished or forever if the computer keeps seeing it. The MAF may just need cleaning. DO a search on "cleaning your MAF". Others can fill you in on the IAC. Lotsa help here and most of your answers are already here, you just need to use the search function.

p0102 is maf circut low input p0113 is iat high input clean the maf and maybe change the iat they arent to expencive last i looked

Check engine light went off today while accelerating to get on the freeway. Simply forgot to plug in MAF when inspecting air filter. I'm assuming that the IAT is built into the MAF because when I unscrewed it, there was quite a bit more "stuff" there than just a few filaments like on my 1993.

Back