Check engine light with codes.

Corny1

Reaction score
City, State
Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 xlt
Been trying to clear these faults for ages , with no luck
P0155 , P1151 , P0741 my mechanic suggested changing the 02 sensor , but that made no differance ! Any ideas how to fix this ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the EEC-V subsection in the under the hood section. Check the sticky thread for the code definitions. Some people think that replacing the O2 sensor is a universal fix, but it's not. Each code represents a specific fault.

i looked through the sticky and here's what the codes are.

P0115 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Malfunction

P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off

P1151 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2

you have a lot of electrical problems.... when did these all start, from what the codes read, you have a coolant temp problem, does your motor run too hot or two cold? your torque converter is off, does your explorer have no get up and go at all?

and your upstream oxy sensor is shot.

but if you forged through water, you could have damaged your computer possibly.

The codes occured after an engine change , the car does run hot but not on the gauge , motor does seem under powered and i have been running high octane fuel

Ok i had the 02 sensor replaced , found some wiring problems , But still getting P0155 code Any ideas

A broken wire in main loom !! Dunno what it was for though

Back