Check Out What I have done to my Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check Out What I have done to my Explorer Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

weird, some other guy posted a pic of your truck a few days ago, talking of how cool it was. hehe, you got props and didn't even know it!

Robb

Very clean truck.

Wowwwww:eek: :eek: :eek:

sweet truck, love the taillights.

I like the color matched rockers, but the black out tail lights have got to go. I just don't understand why someone would spend money to make it easyer for someone to rear end them? People pay so little attention to their driving, the last I would want to do was make them have to consentrate on weither I was turning or stopping.

All I have to say is SWEEET! Love the painting of the grey trim. Really set it off. Great work! :cool:

generally speaking, i like it a lot. my complaints: dont like the blacked out tail lights, and i dont like the "molding" piece missing off of the doors on the outside, it really makes it look like something's missing. just about everything else is done pretty well :)

I must say, that is the cleanest Explorer/Sport I've seen. If I wasn't a 4 Wheeler I'd be all over that. I've never really liked the Explorer as a Sport Truck look, but you totally changed my mind, especially with the Sport model. I'll never give up 4 Wheeling, but it's sure be nice to have one like yours in the garage! Good luck with it. Now you should beef her up, so you can kick some @$$ in it. There are alot of other X's here that are pretty fast, check them out. Alec and Troll have some great mod tips.

I really like what you did with the gray trim/bumpers phat01expsport. How much did that cost to get done?

Why did you remove the door moldings? It seems there are moldings on the front and back that should have matched up. Now they match up to nothing.

Robb

damn, looks like someone came into some dough. Wish i had that TV/stereo set up, in both the ride and the house.

You should look deeply into a Supercharger and a lowering kit...that would make all complete.

Drool Drool...

Originally posted by mrboyle
I like the color matched rockers, but the black out tail lights have got to go. I just don't understand why someone would spend money to make it easyer for someone to rear end them? People pay so little attention to their driving, the last I would want to do was make them have to consentrate on weither I was turning or stopping.

The taillights are as bright as stock when I am braking or turning.

Originally posted by tbomb
generally speaking, i like it a lot. my complaints: dont like the blacked out tail lights, and i dont like the "molding" piece missing off of the doors on the outside, it really makes it look like something's missing. just about everything else is done pretty well :)

The molding piece is going back on once the body shop gets it. Ford said it is on backorder, just like them!

Originally posted by Xplodor
I must say, that is the cleanest Explorer/Sport I've seen. If I wasn't a 4 Wheeler I'd be all over that. I've never really liked the Explorer as a Sport Truck look, but you totally changed my mind, especially with the Sport model. I'll never give up 4 Wheeling, but it's sure be nice to have one like yours in the garage! Good luck with it. Now you should beef her up, so you can kick some @$$ in it. There are alot of other X's here that are pretty fast, check them out. Alec and Troll have some great mod tips.

Point me in the direction of the preformance mods and I'll be all over em'. The diablochip and Mac Cold Air intake are on the way. Remember it's a 2001 2WD

Originally posted by Rscotts1
I really like what you did with the gray trim/bumpers phat01expsport. How much did that cost to get done?

It cost me $500 to have the taillights smoked and have the gray painted black. It's hard to see, but their is blue pearl in the paint. I will try to get pictures of that ASAP.

Originally posted by morrisey0
Why did you remove the door moldings? It seems there are moldings on the front and back that should have matched up. Now they match up to nothing.

Robb

Two words, National Backorder.

Originally posted by XLT_66
damn, looks like someone came into some dough. Wish i had that TV/stereo set up, in both the ride and the house.

You should look deeply into a Supercharger and a lowering kit...that would make all complete.

Drool Drool...

Point me in the direction!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by morrisey0
weird, some other guy posted a pic of your truck a few days ago, talking of how cool it was. hehe, you got props and didn't even know it!

Robb

Can you post a thread for me please.

Back