Check park aid/Sunroof not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check park aid/Sunroof not working

likibow

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
ST Limited V8 2007
Hi guys a couple of days ago I noticed that my parking aid wasn't working either my sunroof I don't know if they both work in some way together or not and by that I mean with a fuse o relay, anyway i did the test for the parking sensors and they are all clicking equally I've read if one of them is making a buzz sound or not clicking like the others there is a problem but they are all clicking the same I don't find a fuse for the parking aid on the users manual and i really don't know what to do, the sunroof doesn't do anything when I press the open/close switch, any suggestions on any of these two issues will be appreciated, Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i found out that the internal relay of the sunroof motor is bad so i have to replace the whole thing, just ordered at rock auto, did a test with the parking sensor turns out that when i disconnect one sensor and plug it back in starts beeping and then goes out but it doesn't happen with the other 3 sensors that's the big question if its that sensor or the other 3 causing it to fail :S

The chance of three going bad at the same time.... unlikely. I'd buy one and replace the one that's different. If that doesn't fix it then you know you only have to buy two more. It might pay to meter the wiring before spending money though.

What do you suggest? A cheap one from ebay to test or go right to the oem k1w1t1m

I would hope someone with experience might chime in. I have no experience with these sensors.
You might try a junkyard, don't forget they might have been used in Lincolns and Mercurys too. That would be a cheaper way of getting OEM.
As far as OEM vs Ebay, that's like buying an expensive watch or a $20 Walmart special, both ways seem to work. I have no idea of the price or durability of these sensors.
Sorry I can't help more, my prior post was just a suggestion and my way of looking at it.

Thanks k1w1t1m

Back