Check transmission oil level with motor running or not ? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check transmission oil level with motor running or not ?

Well, yes and no. It depends on the vehicle. Since this is an Explorer forum, we will forget about the rest. In an Explorer, there is a major difference between the transmission of an AWD and a 4wd. The maind difference being that they are 2 totally different transmissions. AWDs are V8s only. Which means they have the 4r70w, where 4x4s, depending on the year, can have an a4ld in a 1st gen, or a 4r55e and 5r55e in a 2nd gen.

Until you get into the later gens, I'm not sure when it happened since I don't spend much time in those sections, but at some point they all started using the same transmission and you could get 2wd, 4wd, or awd with either motor.

Brian, you know we love you. We just gotta bust someone's balls, and tonight its yours....

Brian, you know we love you. We just gotta bust someone's balls, and tonight its yours....

I know buddy, tough love :p: Last night wasnt too good of a night as it was so everything that was said on here was just getting under my skin and irritating me. Im sure you know what I mean:D (And yes, I do love to try to help out on here as much as possible, but ive learned now to stay away from what I dont "directly" know from experience or something) :banghead:

:biggthump

Back