Checking interest...2nd gen Axles 4.56 gears and more | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Checking interest...2nd gen Axles 4.56 gears and more

I am doing a SAS conversion this winter, and want to know if anyone here has any interest in the parts I am replacing before I set up for sale ads elsewhere. Shipping on the axles will be high, I would think between $150-$200. Parts will be up for sale after the rig becomes a roller. I just want to see if these parts are wanted here, and if there is enough interest in them, I will not place ads elsewhere. All these parts have very low miles on them, as the rig is more a driveway ornament than on the road.

Just to be fair. If your interested in any of these items, just stake your claim on the part, and when the time comes, it will be first come, first served. Prices will be added at a later date when the thread becomes a "For Sale" thread, at a discounted price for everything.

Parts that will be up for sale in the near future.

Axles
Master install kits used on both axles. Would rather sell these together. If I get a buyer for each, that will work, but wont sell separate unless the front sells first.

IFS CAD D-35. - 4.56 R&P - New Power Track Auto locker (200 miles) - New CV Axles

8.8 disc brake - 4.56 R&P - good shafts - new e-brake kit installed - painted black

Timkin Hubs- I have 2 newer hubs installed, and 2 good spares.

I have 2 drivers & 2 pass spare CV axles as well.

Coilover conversion parts.

This is a kit, and wont be separated.

All bracket hardware needed for this conversion, Minus the gussets as you will need to make new ones. Simple to make out of 3/16" plate.

2-QA-1, 12" Polished Aluminum Coil over adjustable shocks with 12 valving positions, with steel HD bearings.
2- Silver Eibach 12" 750lb coils
2-12" Quad wrapped limit straps, grade 8 tabs
2-QA-1 Spindle nut wrenches

Heavy duty Pro Grade IFS suspension parts. Parts can be seen here in this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297369

XRF Dr side UCA w/HD BJ
Mcquay Norris Extreme Pass side UCA w/HD BJ (2 pc, outer)
Mcquay Norris Extreme LBJ's (2)
Mcquay Norris Extreme Inner Tie Rods (2)
Raybestos Pro grade Outer Tie Rod ends (2)
Raybestos Pro Grade rack & pinion bushings (2)

Dixon Bros Lower IFS DOM stabilizer bar.
This connects to the lower control arms using stock hardware already on your rig. This gets rid of the annoying IFS wonky feeling from the LCA's. Makes for an incredible ride when used in conjunction with the coil overs.

Wheels
4 -15"x10", 5x4.5" (3.75" BS) Alum Eagle alloys powder coated by Turdle works.

Everything can be seen in my registry thread by clicking the Black Hole link in my signature below.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1st in line for possibly the whole enchilada:D

That's a good lot of parts gonna be available. I'd be interested in the rear 8.8 except for the distance.

I'm in need of some 4.56 gears so Id buy the rear but my x has a d30 up front....though rock auto lists master rebuild kit for my x is a d35... Idk
Could always put my 3.73 in the solid 8.8 and sell it to break even somewhat

No rush I'm planning the axle rebuild in march once it warms up

PM sent about the coil-over parts

Just to be fair. If your interested in any of these items, just stake your claim on the part, and when the time comes, it will be first come, first served. Prices will be added at a later date when the thread becomes a "For Sale" thread.

This is not a for sale thread guys. This is a feeler thread to see if it is worth trying to sell the parts here or not. Like I said, First come, First served.

I appreciate the PM's, but when the for sale thread is posted, then you guys can form a line. :)

OK, gotcha. I'm definitely interested in the coil-over parts!

Ok, now that I think a little more on this, I may be interested in the heavy duty IFS stuff if I get started on finishing my '69 Cougar instead of going solid axle. You shouldn't have trouble selling this stuff, I would think.

How much for the coilover setup?

This is not a for sale thread guys. This is a feeler thread to see if it is worth trying to sell the parts here or not. Like I said, First come, First served.

I appreciate the PM's, but when the for sale thread is posted, then you guys can form a line. :)

waits for the ensuing 3 ring circus :p:

i would be very interested in the axles. No shipping needed as i would come to you.

Back