Chester Endo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chester Endo

Chester is done for. Sunday afternoon i went of one hell of a ride. my friend and i were able to crawl out. no one was serious hurt.
IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

the drive train is going to get put under my ranger.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

man that sucks....sorry brother.

GREAT pics! :thumbsup:

I brought back my Ranger from a crush that bad, so it is do-able. But you got a plan with the Ranger, that'll be the smart move.

Glad no one was seriously hurt. Looks like quite a ride!

...and another one bites the dust...bummer, but i'm glad to hear everyone is still ok....:D

railer006.jpg

sorry but its not getting caged

Haha!! So what's the story? How did it happen?

From the first pic, it looks like you slammed the brakes going down a dune or didn't hit any brakes and did a nose dive dropping from the dune.

Looks to me like he caught some air off the lip of that dune and came down on the nose. It's not very tall, but the dunes in that area of Silver Lake tend to develop quite a lip. I've high-centered out there cresting dunes like that, even though I could see over them from the driver's seat...

Major bummer, but it looks like you didn't waste any time on the Ranger project!

-Joe

he wasn't going fast when it happened, he approached the dune and dropped the frt down it, when it dropped the frt bumper grabbed the sand and the momentum shifted the rear and it unloaded sending it over.

The pics do absolutely no justice to how steep that dune really was on the backside, i drove down it 30 seconds before he did in my wifes stock explorer and her bumper banged hard on the dune. I think the difference in approach angle is what made the difference between him endoing and myself not endoing

Well, at least he did a good job of f - ing it up :).....glad no1 was hurt tho'

damn. we need more story.

There isn't any more story. Came off the lip of the dune too fast, stuffed the nose. The front of the truck stopped. The rear didn't. The pictures are worth more than a thousand words. :)

There isn't any more story. Came off the lip of the dune too fast, stuffed the nose. The front of the truck stopped. The rear didn't. The pictures are worth more than a thousand words. :)

I was almost at a complete stop at the peak. the front tires slid down the back side until the front bumper hit. there was no damage to the front of the truck. if i was going to fast i wouldn't be using some of chester on the ranger

Buildpics031.jpg

Glad to hear everyone is relatively unhurt.. Sorry to see Chester go.. I had enjoyed browsing at all the pics of Chester wheeling...He is gone, but not Forgotten!

the above pic is of chester, just with a new body, we put a ranger cab on the explorers frame, the drivetrain and susp where undamaged from the endo, so itll all got reused. So in a way chester is still with us, but has come to be refered to as the "Explanger"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Buildpics064.jpg

Buildpics063.jpg

Thats was left of chester every thing else is under the ranger cab

Back