chevy HHR fan install | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

chevy HHR fan install

Yeah ive been reading up on a few. Thats the funny thing. I have a cooler in front of my radiator too. Just noticed it last night. I didnt trace the lines funny but it looked like they were going to the power steering pump lol. Theres a set running down both the drivers and passengers sides of the motor. Four lines total.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah ive been reading up on a few. Thats the funny thing. I have a cooler in front of my radiator too. Just noticed it last night. I didnt trace the lines funny but it looked like they were going to the power steering pump lol. Theres a set running down both the drivers and passengers sides of the motor. Four lines total.

On which truck? The 91 should only have a trans cooler, the 00 may have a steering cooler

maybe i missed it.. but did you ever do a threaded probe instead of a push rod probe?

Pretty sure I didnt use a probe on this setup but could be wrong.but yes I have a ""T"" in my heater hose with a thermal switch to a 75amp relay.comes on at 185 and off at 175*.only reliable setup.at one time I did have a probe, then a adjustable thread in probe.went through about four setups till what I run now

i have a different ride now, but I remembered you doing this, so i jumped back over here... while its in the heater hose has it been treating you good there?

i dont like the idea of a push probe in the radiator i rather be able to thread in the trigger..

i have a different ride now, but I remembered you doing this, so i jumped back over here... while its in the heater hose has it been treating you good there?

i dont like the idea of a push probe in the radiator i rather be able to thread in the trigger..

Haven't had a problem with it at all after I switched fans, relays and switch.just gotta make sure its in the right hose.some will argue it should be threaded into the radiator as the fan should control the radiator temps and tstat should control engine but I haven't had any issues. .

i thought about cutting small section of rad hose, replacing with pvc and threading it into the plastic, then it would be right there where the probe just pushes through, but would be threaded.

i thought about cutting small section of rad hose, replacing with pvc and threading it into the plastic, then it would be right there where the probe just pushes through, but would be threaded.

Seen some drill and tap the side tank under the return hose and they swear thats the best setup but I just haven't messed with mine.works why mess with it;)

The 2000 sport is my wifes. The 1992 has a manual transmission. I got t-boned a few weeks ago and their insurance did a total loss on it. Wasnt as bad as it sounds just the age of the truck was why the salvaged it. They paid me out and I bought a 1993 sport with an automatic transmission. 4x4. 3" body lift Rancho suspension lift (I dont know which one yet) rancho rs9000 5-speed adjustable shocks with in-cab adjustment. I put new 33x12.50x15s on it.

The 93 is the one i want to do the efan on. Since it wasnt my insurance that salvaged it I got to keep it.

Back