Chicago Idling due to impact from COVID19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chicago Idling due to impact from COVID19

metroplex

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Honda just shut down for 6 days in Ohio.

We have given up on our car ordered in February and our dealer is bringing in the exact car from another dealership for us.

All plants are shut down so smart move

Yup, I think so. Signed paperwork today and car is to be trucked to Atlanta from Knoxville.

Apparently Lear Seating had a couple of cases of COVID19 so CAP was quick to shut down. Wipe your seats when you take delivery of your new vehicle. No idea whether this will impact remaining 2020 builds or delay 2021 builds as of yet. Nobody knows until its determined how long the shut down will be.

If you got the ventilated seats, then the COVID19 is inside the perforations and will pump out with air flow.

Im hearing April 14th startup but its purely employee speculation , not sure how they can pick that date.

If you got the ventilated seats, then the COVID19 is inside the perforations and will pump out with air flow.
Highly doubtful.

Im hearing April 14th startup but its purely employee speculation , not sure how they can pick that date.
A lot of plants all over the country are using the tentative April 14th date. It’ll really be dictated by them getting their parts from offshore.

OMG. I know this cover 19 is dangerous but really. The seats for car that is being shipped.

This is the same reason Chinese Restaurant are being hurt, because of miss information going around.

My sources have told me the plan as of today is start getting ready on May 11th for production to resume May 18th. Borg Warner tooling was not damaged, just the structure. If building cant be made safe tooling can be moved. Lets all pray this really happens.

I'm assuming that is to finish off the 2020 production run?

My sources have told me the plan as of today is start getting ready on May 11th for production to resume May 18th. Borg Warner tooling was not damaged, just the structure. If building cant be made safe tooling can be moved. Lets all pray this really happens.

Ford is making an announcement at noon today about their startup plans.

I just heard on CNN that Ford is shutting down the Chicago plant after 2 workers tested positive for COVID-19. No timeframe given at the time.

Peter

I just heard on CNN that Ford is shutting down the Chicago plant after 2 workers tested positive for COVID-19. No timeframe given at the time.

Peter
Kinda pointless. With as many employees as they have they will be testing positive for years.

Back