• Register Today It's free!

Child Carseat Protector?

paulfrank285

Reaction score
City, State
Union, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 EXP XLT
Any idea where I can get a nice (in terms of look and quality) child carseat protector for my future XLT with leather seats?

FYI: I will need to put a convertible bucket and a booster seat (they don't have to be next to each other) in either 2nd and/or 3rd row.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use a double folded thick bath towel under my convertible bucket and booster seat. This has done well for me.

Yup, never could get the compression on the protector that I needed to get the seat tight. It was also so slippery that the seat would pivot around. It did protect the seats though. This is the $25 one at babies r us.

In our previous vehicle we used some old towels we had so I decided to go buy two brand new bath towels at Macys that match the interior better for about $10 a piece and it works very well.

Here is a link to the Amazon page for car seat protectors:

Car seat protectors at Amazon

The only problem I would have with a towel is that it does not protect the seat back. The child seat I have now is high backed and the protector I have is not. So, while the seat bottom is protected, I do have some indentations in the seat back in my 93 Ex. When I get me new Explorer, I'll make sure all of the seat is protected.

I have used the Kiddopotamus Elite Duomat in my vehicles with leather over the last couple years. It's thick enough and rigid enough that you won't get any indentations in the leather.

My first should arrive sometime in August so naturally this topic piqued my interest. I'm frugal and love the "bath towels" idea however since my new Explorer is my new "baby" I'll use whatever protects it the best.

Back