Chinese Market Explorer Infotainment Update for 2021 US Models? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Chinese Market Explorer Infotainment Update for 2021 US Models?

snig

Reaction score
City, State
Chantilly, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Is this the Screen/Sync 4 update we've been waiting for? A much needed improvement to the layout of the 10.1 inch screen!

2020-Ford-Explorer-Platinum-China-spec-15-768x512.jpg

"At first glance, the interior appears identical too, though a closer look reveals some updates on the dashboard. The main one is the Sync 3 infotainment system’s 10.1-inch touchscreen which is placed lower than on the U.S. model. This also results in a rearranged center console featuring far fewer buttons and switches. We assume the functions for the missing switchgear are now controlled via the display."

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The article mentions it is a Sync 3 Infotainment System. I don't know if it is a precursor for Sync 4 or not.

Peter

UofMEngineer

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
20' Escape Hyb Titanium
Looks like one of the local projection options, like Android Auto / CarPlay.

Reaction score
City, State
DFW
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
No knobs for the HVAC controls is a bad choice in my opinion. The bezel’s looked improved, but they’re still way too thick for my tastes.

I am interested in sync 4 after seeing demos of the Mach-E’s system.

2020ST

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Looks like a photoshop to me. Why does it look like leather wrapped around the transmission dial when you zoom in?