Chinese Market Explorer Infotainment Update for 2021 US Models? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chinese Market Explorer Infotainment Update for 2021 US Models?

snig

Reaction score
City, State
Chantilly, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Is this the Screen/Sync 4 update we've been waiting for? A much needed improvement to the layout of the 10.1 inch screen!

2020-Ford-Explorer-Platinum-China-spec-15-768x512.jpg

"At first glance, the interior appears identical too, though a closer look reveals some updates on the dashboard. The main one is the Sync 3 infotainment system’s 10.1-inch touchscreen which is placed lower than on the U.S. model. This also results in a rearranged center console featuring far fewer buttons and switches. We assume the functions for the missing switchgear are now controlled via the display."

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The article mentions it is a Sync 3 Infotainment System. I don't know if it is a precursor for Sync 4 or not.

Peter

Looks like one of the local projection options, like Android Auto / CarPlay.

No knobs for the HVAC controls is a bad choice in my opinion. The bezel’s looked improved, but they’re still way too thick for my tastes.

I am interested in sync 4 after seeing demos of the Mach-E’s system.

Looks like a photoshop to me. Why does it look like leather wrapped around the transmission dial when you zoom in?

Back