Christmas in February!!! Supercharged 4.0 ohv | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Christmas in February!!! Supercharged 4.0 ohv

Supercharged 4.0 ohv Explorer

Got some goodies today thanks to USPS and UPS.

S1920001.jpg

S1920003.jpg

S1950002.jpg

S1950003.jpg

S1950004.jpg

S1950010.jpg

S1950011.jpg

S1950016.jpg

S1950017.jpg

S1950019.jpg

Can Anyone guess what's in the next pic?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A bloody big nitrous tank???

someone was close.... anymore guesses?

El loco turbo?

Hmmmm...this looks interesting, i love 4.0 builds.

Jeez mate! I think you've used up any chrissy presents you're going to get for the next 10 years! Awesome, really looking forward to seeing this go together.

Its a full BBK Instacharger kit, with some upgrades. The guy who had it on his 95 Ranger trashed the BBK fuel controller and other crap, and put on a rising rate Aeromotive FPR and 42# Lightning injectors, then he had it tuned with a Predator tunable chip which he sent with the kit but I will not be using. He also rebuilt the sc about 5k miles ago.

I actually have a couple more things coming, a Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump, and a 90mm Lightning MAF, and I still need to order a wideband. But other than that I just need to bolt it on and have James write a tune.

what are you going to do about the trans? not sure how long that 5r55e will hold up behind all that new found power.

what are you going to do about the trans? not sure how long that 5r55e will hold up behind all that new found power.

Not sure really, I just hope it holds up for a while. It is a new trans.

i was definitely bidding against you on this btw lol

O h yea! Lol! The first time it was on my wife said no, then it relisted and she said ok.

Haha yep, i had the highest bid the first time, but it was under the reserve. Hope you enjoy man! I think I'm going turbo anyways!!

Not sure really, I just hope it holds up for a while. It is a new trans.

I wouldn't bank on it, I'm on my second trans with about 20,000 miles and its already beginning to trouble. You should consider building an m5od while the 5r55e is getting eaten up, some later rangers evencame with an hd version of the m5od. I absolutely hate being a debbie downer, but the 5r55e is already a notoriously weak and troublesome trans, throw a bunch more horsepower in front of it and your asking for problem. At least put a shift kit, another cooler (or 2) and an auxiliary filter in the trans for now, may help it last a little longer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haha yep, i had the highest bid the first time, but it was under the reserve. Hope you enjoy man! I think I'm going turbo anyways!!

Thanks I'm installing it tonight, hope everything goes as planned

Back