• Register Today It's free!

Chrome Brush Guard/Step Bars

jas142

Reaction score
City, State
South FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Mustang GT
Does anyone know where I can see some pics of 2002+ Explorers with Brush Guards or Side step bars, or what company makes them? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

got my step bars from westin

Don't get Chrome. Get Stainless. What color is your Expo? Mine's white with a blackbrush guard. I'll post the updated pics today.

30158.jpg

30159.jpg

Bored at work.

I am also considering a stainless steel brush guard or pushbar/safari bar. Anyone else have any pictures of stainless or chrome ones? CaptainObvious, that is the only 3rd gen X I have seen with a brush guard. I like it but mine is Mineral Gray, and I already have a stainless step bar for my hitch.

CaptainObvious said:
30158.jpg

30159.jpg

Bored at work.
Do you do work for the police? I see those red and blue lights mounted up on the grill guard. If you don't, i thought that they were illegal to have?

Captain Obvious, your brushguard looks really good. Which company is that, and how much did it cost? :)

TheFox88 said:
Do you do work for the police? I see those red and blue lights mounted up on the grill guard. If you don't, i thought that they were illegal to have?
I work for the county as the Emergency Manager Director. The vehicle (which the wife and I own) is leased to the county. Under Illinois Law, if the vehicle is leased or owned by a gov't agency and authorized by the cheif elected offical you can. The county use to own a old police car that had a blue red light bar. The car is 20 years old, major mechanical problems etc. I recenctly took over on the county level and part of the "deal" was they lease my Explorer. I don't drive junk, I won't drive junk, and I hate to drive junk. I simply told them I wouldn't drive there car. They lease my vehicle for $1 a year, insure it (saving me $600 a year) and pay mileage. Works well for everyone. The county can't afford a new vehicle, was having problems with where to get gas for the county car etc. This solved all their problems.

jas142 said:
Captain Obvious, your brushguard looks really good. Which company is that, and how much did it cost? :)
Manik.
I paid $600 for a Clifford Remote Start and The brushguard, all installed. they wanted 700, but I talked them down to $600 in cash.

Back