Chrome Delete & Black-Out | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chrome Delete & Black-Out

It's a hybrid according to the margin profile so it would be a Limited.

Peter
Oh nice I have an xlt I actually I’m thinking of keeping the front grill how it is with the black and chrome depending how it looks when done

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just ordered a 2020 Ford Explorer Limited Hybrid and want to make it look like the SEMA model.

Does anyone know where to get Ford Moulding/Body Pieces at a decent price? A vinyl wrap on the chrome pieces is $1,200, not including the Grille. The vinyl wrap places state they can't wrap the grille and that it would need to be plasti-dipped which will lead to chips.

My thought is to purchase an ST grille unless anyone has any other suggestions.

View attachment 178763

View attachment 178764

View attachment 178765
My 2020 XLT here’s a couple of before and after I did vinyl wrap on all the chrome and aluminumish parts, wrap is holding up great it’s been 7 months now not a single issue. it’s currently in the shop having a light bar installed above the windshield, rock lights in the fender wells and under the body as well, waiting for traxda to return my call for the leveling kit and looking into wheels spacers as well.

7F906084-7D50-484A-A449-458913CACDA8.jpeg

1F14FBB2-4501-4544-B467-19FB892CFEC0.jpeg

2209237F-FF69-4D40-AB89-8606EEA655FE.jpeg

Here's how mine turned out, not exactly like the SEMA model but I got it close enough for my liking.
Had the chrome pieces wrapped, tinted the front windows, installed an ST Grille (made for the hybrid by ford), and got aftermarket rims. Unfortunately the wrap wouldn't stick to the grey bumper pieces or the roof rails but I feel it provides a little contrast.
Can you please provide information regarding the Grille? I want that grille without the “ST” emblem that supports the front camera!

Cheers,
Larry

Can you please provide information regarding the Grille? I want that grille without the “ST” emblem that supports the front camera!

Cheers,
Larry
The part number on the invoice is LB5Z*8200*EC.

Thanks, is it blacked out from factory? Is the camera GTG?

The part number on the invoice is LB5Z*8200*EC.
Did you get that right from Ford? I am seeing about $850 from Ford Parts and its on backorder. I love the look, not sure I love it that much :oops:

Does it have the ST emblem? Can you please provide a picture? I see from your picture above some chrome, just wanting to make sure that is not on the end product and that the front camera is good. Thanks!

I believe the picture is in post #15.

Peter

I am asking because the XLT did not have the front camera as far as i know that was on the limited up.

I Matte Blacked out my chrome rear and door trim on my 2020 XLT.
I used Dupli-Color Matte Black ceramic brake paint. I love this chit. It goes on even, sticks to everything, no shine.
I taped the rear as it was tight and I figured it was going to break. the door trim came right off.
Did you remove the side chrome molding or just paint while attached? If yes, how?
How did you handle the side panels, Did you remove them or paint while attached? If removed, how?

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Hello brand new to the forum. Recently bought the wife a 2020 Ford Explorer limited charcoal grey and wanted to get rid of the chrome and black it out. Any ideas on where I can find some of the stuff like grille, Ford emblems, and the chrome trim piece on the door.

Hello brand new to the forum. Recently bought the wife a 2020 Ford Explorer limited charcoal grey and wanted to get rid of the chrome and black it out. Any ideas on where I can find some of the stuff like grille, Ford emblems, and the chrome trim piece on the door.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your thread was moved to this one on the same topic.
Some members use plasti dip to cover up the chrome and have ordered the emblems from sites like eBay or Amazon.
Here are some threads from the 5th gen.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your thread was moved to this one on the same topic.
Some members use plasti dip to cover up the chrome and have ordered the emblems from sites like eBay or Amazon.
Here are some threads from the 5th gen.

Peter
Thank you!

NICE! Looks like mine..

I Matte Blacked out my chrome rear and door trim on my 2020 XLT.
I used Dupli-Color Matte Black ceramic brake paint. I love this chit. It goes on even, sticks to everything, no shine.
I taped the rear as it was tight and I figured it was going to break. the door trim came right off.
How did the door trims come out?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back