• Register Today It's free!

Churping sound

rwest!

Reaction score
City, State
Central, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Eddie Bauer
I've just recently started hearing a 'churping' sound from underneath the truck, not sure if it's coming from my suspension or somewhere under the hood. I'm thinking a warn belt or something, not sure.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? It starts as I start the car, then as I drive/accelerate, it gets frequent. Any ideas would be suggested!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Rwest !!
At least we got a great weather weekend!!
Anyway...You know we're going to need more details.
If the 'chirp' happens in park...pop the hood and manually rev it up to determine location. Is it in the engine or suspension?...Let us know.
BTW---Where are you in Jersey?
:chug:

When does it happen?....

O,

A fellow NJer, huh?...I live in Woodbridge, and I noticed you're from the same area - cool!

The chirping happens as soon as I start to drive and as I accelerate it seem to get louder, you can hear it more, etc. I've told my mechanic about it, he had it yesterday for a few hours to do my ac, and he said he 'sprayed underneath' and to see if that helps - of course it didn't.....lol I'm going to take it back to him during the week so he can replace my muffler, I'm hoping he can find out where it's coming from.

Sometimes I think it's coming from my suspension, othertimes it seems like it's coming from under the hood, have you ever had this happen to you?

..and yes, the weather has been nice!

Do you have poly swaybar bushings?

R......

Check your Private Meassages///
:chug:

U 2

I responded and sent you one as well - thanks!

check my post
Dead Link Removed

not sure if your problem would be the same
but it sure does sound like it :(

Chriping

I just took my truck in this past weekend to get new tires and I asked the guy to see if he could locate the "chirping" I was hearing. It took him all of 3 minutes to find the problem. It was the Belt tention pully. He said it needed to be replaced.

Hope that helps.

BTW: Did you check your muffler bearings? That could also be part of the problem. :rolleyes: :D

J/K- hope you find the problem.

Jokker

No, it's not the muffler bearings....lol....just got that replaced this past weekend and the noise was happening before and it still is...

you mentioned belt tention pully - I'll get that checked out. Thanks!

Back