"Clamshell" Ford Bronco?

Runnin'OnEmpty

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Southeast USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
The MotorWeek Bronco video spy clip shows what might be a clamshell door setup similar to the Honda Element and the Toyota FJ Cruiser. The Bronco was camouflaged so it was hard to tell for sure, but there was a definite vertical line behind the front door opening. Or maybe Ford is tricking us?
If it is a clamshell, that's brilliant marketing by Ford to have the ease of entry of a 4-door but still have the looks of a 2-door. What do you guys think?

I think there is no way in heck they will make a 2 door again, it must have rear doors of some sort to access back seat
The fj cruiser setup works very very well, I just hope the bronco does not have as many blind spots as the fj

Yeah, 2 doors are going the way of the Dinosaurs seems like. Too bad. I could live with clamshells though; my SIL has an Element with them and they are convenient. In some ways better than true 4-doors.

The clip I saw didn't show the driver's side. Possibly the clamshell is only on the passenger side, like the Mini Clubman?
Ford needs to show us more...

Back