Class 2 hitch. Replace or modify to a class 3-4? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Class 2 hitch. Replace or modify to a class 3-4?

Ford might have undercut the actual ability of the 3rd and 4th gen explorers because of all the rolling incidents with the 2nd gens.

The overwhelming majority of the " rolling incidents" were caused by the defective Firestone tires basically exploding. I worked at Ford during this recall, so I can speak to it with some authority.

But good luck with that Toureg:eek:

Im looking to switch mine out on an 04 i dont want two receivers on mine. Any one have any links to buy one im only finding the ones that bolt to factory receiver. I dont tow a whole lot when i do its just a small trailer bout the size of a pop up. But im wanting to get a tow bar with the secondary rceiver attached so i can attach a bike rack. Cant find any 1.25" tow bars with a 2" secondary

Im looking to switch mine out on an 04 i dont want two receivers on mine. Any one have any links to buy one im only finding the ones that bolt to factory receiver. I dont tow a whole lot when i do its just a small trailer bout the size of a pop up. But im wanting to get a tow bar with the secondary rceiver attached so i can attach a bike rack. Cant find any 1.25" tow bars with a 2" secondary
I don't think you'll find what you're looking for... https://www.etrailer.com/tv-install-trailer-hitch-2010-ford-explorer-13112.aspx is this what you're looking for? its for a 2010, but they have them for older ones too.

Back