Clean breathing??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clean breathing???

BGN

Reaction score
Here is a new product/service at: http://www.dwd2.com/index.html that claims to be able to clean the dirt,dust,pollen and whatever else is in your cars HVAC evaporator case (we all know what that a/c smell is right?) for a price of approx. $80-$100 instead of having to pull apart the dashboard to do the same thing for a considerably higher price.

the article in the latest Motortrend (pg.122) says this is accomplished by drilling a 3/16 hole between the evap case and the blower fan assy. A nozzle is placed inside and the aerosol foam product is injected into the evap case.

I just called a dealer who will sell me the kit for $35.00 All I have to do find someone locally who will do it for me.

They claim this creates a more healthy and clean smelling environment inside the car and that you even get to see the science project that comes out of the case. A DWD2 rep told me that Explorers should be one of the cars most benefited by this sort of thing (he also mentioned Chrysler products)-what do you think?

Barry
1991 2dr Explorer 172,000 miles

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I spoke to a local rep today. Sounds like a good thing. I can have it done while I'm at work for $70. I need all the clean air I can get here in Houston.

DWD2 fresh air

I had this done to my truck two weeks ago, smells great!! I wasn't quite sure where to drill the hole so i had my dealer do the install and the first cleaning. Well worth the money. Now I can do it myself whenever I want. Its a pretty simple process. I give it a thumbs up!!!

Re: DWD2 fresh air

Originally posted by idrojdpj
I had this done to my truck two weeks ago, smells great!! I wasn't quite sure where to drill the hole so i had my dealer do the install and the first cleaning. Well worth the money. Now I can do it myself whenever I want. Its a pretty simple process. I give it a thumbs up!!!

How did you find a local dealer?

Thanks......

LOCAL dealer

FORD supposedly issued a TSB for this problem and thier solution was the DWD2 treatment. I just called my local dealer and he knew right away what it was and how to install and clean out the system. It took about 1.5 hours and about $100 bucks but I can do it my self now and buy the cleaner straight from DWD2. DWD2 also has a dealer locator on thier web site, although I never got a reply back from them. GOOD LUCK!!!

Re: LOCAL dealer

Originally posted by idrojdpj
also has a dealer locator on thier web site, although I never got a reply back from them. GOOD LUCK!!!

Where is this? I was unable to find one.

Thanks....

dealer locater

Just click on products, then "get more info". It should ask to find a local dealer. I tried 3 times to get a response from them but could not get one. Its not a live dealer locator, its sending them an email and waiting for them to respond. The easiest way to get it would be to call a FORD dealer and ask. Ultimately, that is what I had to do anyway.

Back