clear but not crystal clear tails | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

clear but not crystal clear tails

explorerclear.jpg

Has anyone seen this style tail light for the second gen? I can't find em online, but ive seen them before on a ex in person once.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think Anime has a set for sale that he has had for the longest time. Check the for sale section for his stuff for sale thread and see if he still has them. He might even see your thread here, he posts in this subforum semi-frequently.

Well I feel like an idiot I didn't think to look there.

For a second there I thought someone stole my pic to try and sell their clear tails.

The set I have for sale is for a 1st gen.

Depo did make second gen clears for both the 95-97 and 98-01 style tails, but they are also hard to find now, and also somewhat expensive if you do.

There were also plenty of other cheesy brands manufacturing them as well, but Depo and TYC were the only decent ones.

The "altezza" style has pretty much taken over the aftermarket, since they have red reflectors and lenses in them to take care of the legal issues the clears had.

There are other variations out there as well, such as 95-97 lenses with clear signal lenses you use with amber bulbs, and the regular red lenses for the tail/brake lights, and clear for the reverse lamps as well.

3566700037_large.jpg

23549930006_large.jpg

!B899g-!!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKnEEy0WLZnOlBM4cq2Fivw~~_35.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-1996-1...UNTAINEER-TAIL-LIGHTS-RED-CLEAR-/140609787915

Damn that was fast. FIND wasn't kidding I'll keep searching eBay. I want the all clear cause I'm going to run led tails turns and reverse lights.

Those all clear ones look awesome. I might have to settle for the red/clear ones. I dont like the Altezza syles, for my truck at least.

I made a set of clear side marker lights for my 88 Ranger, but these might be a huge pita to get right. Maybe I'll give it a shot if a few ppl are interested in a set.

Both of them are sweeeeet

I love My First Gen Clear Depo's !

Isn't there other differences with the tailgates?

There are a couple wires to swap.

Ok, so other then tail lights and some wiring that's all.. hmm I always thought they were shaped slightly different to where they wouldn't swap.

anyone know where to get a set foe first gen all clear i know someone that wants a set

Ok, so other then tail lights and some wiring that's all.. hmm I always thought they were shaped slightly different to where they wouldn't swap.

The tailgates are shaped differently around the taillights. That is why people can't just swap without replacing tail lights. Other than that, it is just a couple wires to the tailgate that need to be swapped apparently.

There was a thread where we discussed this just a week ago in the second gen forums.

anyone know where to get a set foe first gen all clear i know someone that wants a set

From this guy, PM him.

For a second there I thought someone stole my pic to try and sell their clear tails.

The set I have for sale is for a 1st gen.

The tailgates are shaped differently around the taillights. That is why people can't just swap without replacing tail lights. Other than that, it is just a couple wires to the tailgate that need to be swapped apparently.

There was a thread where we discussed this just a week ago in the second gen forums.

Well then I guess I'll be searching for that thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back