Clear corners, or black out stock ones? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clear corners, or black out stock ones?

Rory/MO

Reaction score
City, State
STL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 ST
I can't decide whether to buy clear corners for my 01 ST, or just to spray the stock ones. I'm thinking of spraying the stock ones and if I don't like it, I'll just order the clear corners. The truck is silver and I have already sprayed the tail lights. What say ye?

Thanks,
Rory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you spray. be sure to open the headlight. dont spray on top of it. looks horrible and think its illegal. just buying black ones with clear corners looks great. its what i did.

I think I'm going to go with clear corners and buy new black headlights off of eBay. Thanks for the response.

can you buy just the black headlight part on ebay without the corner? i bought some clear corners yesterday for mine

can you buy just the black headlight part on ebay without the corner? i bought some clear corners yesterday for mine

I've been looking for them, but can't find any. Hopefully someone will sell some here alone soon :D

i bought mine with the black headlight and black inside with clear outside on the corner... i black headlight with just plain clear interior corner will look bad.

Lift039.jpg

i bought mine with the black headlight and black inside with clear outside on the corner... i black headlight with just plain clear interior corner will look bad.

Lift039.jpg

Did you get them online?

ya. got them off ebay for $220. that was 2 years ago.

ya. got them off ebay for $220. that was 2 years ago.

I can't find any with the black interior that doesn't have the yellow reflective strip inside of it. Did you take yours off or did they come like that?

i bought mine with the clear corner. i didnt have to modify them at all. i do remeber it taking me a while to find someone that had the clear corner. most were yellow

I've been looking all over the net for the black corners with clear reflector as well. No luck. It looks like the companies that made them issued a recall citing some BS about safety because the reflector wasn't amber. Apparently it didn't conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 108. Which makes no sense because clear corners are still sold and are legal.

I think I'm either gonna have to keep scouring the net for the last pair, find one used or somehow detach the clear lens off a clear corner and put it on a black corner.

I'm partial to clear corners with Silverstar turn signal bulbs because they look blue when they're off.

Yea, think I'm gonna just go with clears for now since they're cheaper anyway. Once I get bored with them I'll order a set of black and then try swapping the corner lenses.

Back