Clear Sidemarkers for Mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clear Sidemarkers for Mountaineer

Hi There,

I have an 05 Mountaineer, which I'm looking for clear sidemarkers for. I've searched searched and searched. Including this forum, and am finally looking to you guys for some expert advice. I've tried all the normal car parts places, but they look at me like I asked them to sell a kidney. Hope someone might have a clue, cause I sure dont.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what I know, and I'm pretty sure, no such part exists. Maybe I'm wrong and someone else will chime in.

I would have to say that honestly knowing the limited number of post 2002 Mounty's that are on the road, and how may of them have had owners who want clear sidemarkers, they may not even be produced.

You might fire APC or someone like that an email, they may know if thos things are even produced. Best bet is to find a similar sized lens and adapt it- kind of what us Gen III Taurus SHO guys have to do- but man, that's a needle in a haystack for the Mounty... Good luck though!

I could be totally wrong, and someone may post a link in 5 minutes- watch... :D

I haven't at the moment, but I can get a close up one later today and post it. It seems pretty generic, so you're right I may have to modify another clear sidemarker.

I was looking at those who had baked off the color on their lights, but someone came back and said that the sidemarkers were solid plastic to my loss.

I'll take a picture and post it up here this afternoon.

Can you cut a piece of clear or frosted Plexiglas to fit the opening?

I have no experience doing something like that, but I may be able to come up with something. Thats a good Idea. Thanks, still working on the pictures

Got the Pictures

SideMarker1.jpg

SideMarker2.jpg

SideMarker3.jpg

holy huge pictures..

Jesus Christ. :eek:

I'd say if you can't get the clear, just tint the orange ones until they look black.

Back