• Register Today It's free!

Clear Tail Lights ?

N7UBO

Reaction score
City, State
Emmett Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT AND 94 Limited AND
My 94 white :navajo: limited is just screaming for clear tail lights. The stock red is simply ugly. I remember seeing sometime back some clear ones on ebay, but can't find em anymore. I would prefer completely clear since I'm running red LED's for the light. In other words, I'm not really looking for the "alteza's" that have the red inserts (those are almost as ugly). Anybody know of a source where I could pick some up ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry...

duplicate post - edited, unable to delete.

The 'all clear' or 'white' tail lights are hard to find, but they do appear on eBay every once in a great while.

Keep in mind that they are not Street Legal/DOT approved, due to the lack of a RED reflector on the rear, and side.

That is easily fixed though, as you can put a thin strip (3/8"?) wide of the refelctive tape on the lens, and you are ALMOST legal, and you will be more visible than if you didn't have it at all....

Good luck,

Ryan

I can offer a pair for 150 plus shipping if you have paypal. Let me know

I think I've got the reflector issue covered. Once it warms up a bit, I will be replacing the factory pinstripe with reflective blue and orange 1/4 inch stripes. Go BSU Broncos (2007 Fiesta Bowl Champions) !!!

Orange (aka Amber) is not DOT approved, and will not make your vehicle street legal.

I also have no door handles, and a roll pan instead of a rear bumper....making my X not TRUELY street legal....but I drive it daily anyway..

Ryan

Your tagline says you have clears all around on your 92.....where'd ya get the clear tail lights ?

I found :) EXACTLY :) what I was looking for. And they're very reasonably priced. Here's the link if anybody else is interested:

http://procarparts.stores.yahoo.net/foex91cltali.html

As for the DOT requirement for red reflectors, I guess I'll have to deal with that separately.

I have the '6 pc. Diamond Cut Clear' front headlamp, turnsignal, and corner markers. In the rear I have the Altezza type tails.

Good luck!

Ryan

why dont you just spend your money on stuff that matters

what good will clear tail lights do

why dont you just spend your money on stuff that matters

what good will clear tail lights do

hahahaha well adds about 1/4hp... still not as much as chrome, that add 3/4hp per OZ of chrome

Back