Cleghorn day trip Sat. June 30

DB_1

Elite Ranger
Reaction score
City, State
La Quinta, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SC Ranger xlt
I know this is pretty far for some people to drive for a days wheelin' but i'll throw it out there.
Plan is to run Cleghorn trail then head over to 3N17X by Silverwood Lake, that should make for a good day of wheelin':thumbsup:
I've ran both of those trails in one day with a few hours of daylight to spare.
A fireroad runs the length of both these trails but the challenging stuff are the offshoots you take from the fireroad.
I have a vendetta with a section of the Cleghorn trail which I was unable to continue forward with since I didn't have a front locker so now it's payback time:D

Here's the suggested info which is open for change if need be:

Date: Saturday, June 30
Time: 8:30am
Meeting Place: Mcdonalds @ I-15 and Hwy 138 Junction, take the Wrightwood exit...there's also a Chevron there.

Pack a lunch as we'll be on the trail.

Attendee's so far:

Stic-o (+1 rig)
jobunn (+ 2 rigs possibly)
Ritsui
DB_1
cybergasm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Like I said Colin, the date is open for change...does Sunday or the following weekend work better?

I'm the best man in Winter's wedding on Sat. night, so I'm not sure I'll be up to getting to Cleghorn by 8:30. :D

The next weekend Sunday July 1st, would be better for me, but I know a few guys were thinking the 23rd or 30th. I don't mind missing it. I'll shoot for the Big Bear trip. :) Maybe we can plan another day trip there in August or something.

Dosn't matter which weekend for me, open for either.

Now...which rig do I bring! :D :p:

I'm the best man in Winter's wedding on Sat. night, so I'm not sure I'll be up to getting to Cleghorn by 8:30. :D

Wow, have fun and tell Winter congrats!:chug:

The 23rd works for me...the 30th should be ok too.

Wow. I can't believe Winter is taking the plunge. Tell him and his bride I wish them the best. I met his soon to be bride and she seemed like quite a cache.

I'm lurking and reading the thread going crazy:crazy: I can't make the runs due to work and the Navajo not ready. It seems like the soonest I'll be able to make a run will be the Oct. 20-21 Rick wants to put together in TH. Meanwhile have fun and take a lot of pics, but most important be safe.

My wife's birthday is the 22nd, so that weekend is out for me. I can do the 30th or 1st (or both) no problem.

Looks like the 30th will work out the best for everyone so should we plan on that date?

Damn, this is the exact run I've been suggesting for years, but can't make that weekend, or the one after. Maybe a re-do in July?

I am in on the 30th for Cleghorn/2N17X...and possibly in July for a redo or in Big Bear.

Confirming 30th.

Damn, this is the exact run I've been suggesting for years, but can't make that weekend, or the one after. Maybe a re-do in July?

Sounds good to me, we've got all summer:D Someone else can plan the next one, I don't have to plan them all:p:

I'm In:thumbsup:

Just so everyone knows, I think this trail is pretty tame. There are bypasses to any hard section you may not want to do. I'm guessing a 2wd could probbally make it through all of the trail if you took all the easy bypasses.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm guessing a 2wd could probbally make it through all of the trail if you took all the easy bypasses.

Cleghorn, probably. 3N17X, probably not.

Back