Cleghorn day trip Sat. June 30 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cleghorn day trip Sat. June 30

'Probably' not? :D Lol. IIRC, 2n17x is not going to be passable at all in a 2wd or stock truck.

Just a note for 2wd: 2n17x can also be bypassed (albeit a LONG bypass) by taking Pilot Rock trail around the lake a bit and back up the ridge. It's a nice drive with great views and a number of dual routes with wide range of difficulty. It was a very mild winter and last year there wasn't anything on either Cleghorn or Pilot Rock trail which a high clearance 2wd or stock 4wd would have any problem with (using bypasses).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Colin or Bill, could one of you change the thread title to the 30th?:salute:

So how many trucks we got going?:D

I've got mine and my buddy with a modified Disco. Possibly a 3rd Jeep GC.

I've got mine and my buddy with a modified Disco. Possibly a 3rd Jeep GC.

This should be a fun run:thumbsup: Are you bringing your bro's out Joe?

Steve,
I'll make a list of rigs on the first post.

This should be a fun run:thumbsup: Are you bringing your bro's out Joe?

Steve,
I'll make a list of rigs on the first post.

They have been invited but are in school so I am not sure if/who will be my copilot at this point.

Dave, may bring a extra rig with me.;) My buddy with the Frontier may come if his truck is ready:thumbsup:

Bump....Where's that Jefe anyway...or a least the Brother, He'll wheel with us. Where are ya John!:D

Come on, everyone...you know you wanna go!:rolleyes:

Yea i wanna go but can't don't have the motor in yet and I have to spend next week in Phoenix AZ again :rolleyes: training drivers for new routes and then after that I'll be in Denver Co for 2 more weeks....damn this sucks.

One of my buddies bailed out so it's me and one other truck. And I just realized I don't have a CB anymore...damn...may have to make a trip to radioshack tonight or be forced to drive in the middle of the pack all day.

Looks like it is going to be hot! Forecast says 97 degrees as the high on Saturday.

i am going to chime in here and say i was really wanting to make this local trip but i won't be able too...my X still needs work...and my wallet is empty for gas...:(

i am going to chime in here and say i was really wanting to make this local trip but i won't be able too...my X still needs work...and my wallet is empty for gas...:(

you could still ride along:thumbsup: Could stop at the 210/57 and pick you up;)

My buddy is picking up his Nissan tommorow, it's pretty crazy looking now, I told him it looked like a Bat from the front with his fiberglass:p:

thanks for the offer but my locker is suppose to show up on friday or saturday and someone has to meet it :D...also, i think i might be starting a job by my shop and may have to work thru the weekend...again, thanks..;)

Quick update: Two friends both replied 'maybe'. 1 Wrangler, 1 Titan. My brother in law might also show up in a stock AWD Subaru... woohoo :)

One of my buddies bailed out so it's me and one other truck. And I just realized I don't have a CB anymore...damn...may have to make a trip to radioshack tonight or be forced to drive in the middle of the pack all day.

Looks like it is going to be hot! Forecast says 97 degrees as the high on Saturday.

I've got a handheld CB you can borrow if you didn't already buy something;)

my buddy out..some BS about some parts are still in powder coat:rolleyes: They've only had it for two months!:(

it's official, the job i was suppose to start today will not start until tomorrow night and i have to work thru the weekend...bummer, till big bear boys...;)

My brother in law might also show up in a stock AWD Subaru... woohoo :)

Heck if this is the case then I might show up and wheel my stock 1982 Dodge D-50 4X4 :cool:

Heck if this is the case then I might show up and wheel my stock 1982 Dodge D-50 4X4 :cool:
Do it :thumbsup:. It bears repeating that there are low-to-mid difficulty bypasses for all the hard stuff on Cleghorn.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back