Cleghorn. Sunday March 29th | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cleghorn. Sunday March 29th

Donner, it was a pleasant surprise to meet you, glad you stayed with us as long as you did, my dad and i hope to wheel with you again sometime. Robbie, hopefully next time your hoe will make the trip.

We had a great time today, i think i pushed the mounty close to its 4x4 capabilities considering it's 2wd, and lost a few miles worth of rear tire tread along the way. And it's a good thing i had limit straps installed last week, i was teetering on two tires for a lot of the time, especially coming down where stic-o flopped. It felt like i was close to losing it on those two sharp turns, even robbie looked a little unsure as he spotted me. I was told my rear driver's tire was about 3 or 4 feet in the air as the truck was leaning downhill. I also drove my dad's jeep for a little while which was fun, i'll have to convince him to let me take it out once in a while.

All in all it was a great time! Pics and vids will be up when i have my own computer back from repair this week.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same here!

Nice meeting all of you too! :) Your dad and sis are really nice... Can't wait for the pics... :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMGA0927.JPG
    IMGA0927.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 248
  • IMGA0991.JPG
    IMGA0991.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 238

Glad you all had fun, even with the Zuki invasion :). Funny, I saw several Suzukis coming up from the desert the other day... didn't realize they were all headed to Silverwood.

Sorry I couldn't make it. I admit that I saw the thread this morning and was extremely tempted... but that was just after a client emailed me going nuts about a dead server. I fixed their server, but missed what looked like a great day out on the trail. Hope to make it out with you guys next time. I miss it :thumbsup:.

Well in the end it looks like you guys had a better day than after all. Since somehow my Day went bust :( dunno how but it did.

trip was pretty fun although my car didn't make it very far from my house. thought i blew the clutch but looks like the trans is dead.

****inued anyways and had some fun in justins 4runner.

Donner, it was cool meeting you, not sure what happened to you half way through, saw you heading down the hill. hopefuly it wasn't because we left you are anything like that.

didn't take much pics, but here's the album
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s234/robbie-webb/Cleghorn March 09/

CleghornMarch09026.jpg

CleghornMarch09028.jpg

matt driving his dad's jeep
CleghornMarch09036.jpg

CleghornMarch09042.jpg

CleghornMarch09043.jpg

CleghornMarch09034.jpg

CleghornMarch09001.jpg

CleghornMarch09002.jpg

CleghornMarch09004.jpg

CleghornMarch09019.jpg

CleghornMarch09016.jpg

CleghornMarch09012.jpg

CleghornMarch09011.jpg

the DEATH turn by stic-os hill. matts tire got at least two feet higher than in this pic, but this in the only pic i got of it. i honestly got pretty scared :eek:

CleghornMarch09045.jpg

CleghornMarch09044.jpg

CleghornMarch09047.jpg

That was a blast!

It was nice to meet you all too! :D Next time, I'll let my son drive up, and I'll navigate for him. It got to be a bit much for me, a tad high up :eek: But it was a blast being there! :D:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMGA0918.JPG
    IMGA0918.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMGA0925.JPG
    IMGA0925.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 204

ahh...you understand my hill now:D

My problem was I hit the brakes when I felt it gitting tippy, and then the trucks weight just pivoted on the front right tire.:( It's kinda hard not hit the brake there with that crazy hill there though. :rolleyes:

your crazy hill is roped off :(

Donner, was it just because the trail was high and close to the edge? i was trying to make everyone feel that they didn't have to do anything too hard if they didn't want to and can just take the fire road. but even the fire road got a bit rutted

Nah, that was great! Just a case of the jitters... :)

to bad i pulled the camera out so late. i didn't get any pics of Donner.

Nice rig donner

Somehow the pics never completely convey what's actually going on. That "death turn" doesn't look too bad in the picture, but it felt like if i tipped another inch it would have gone over. I was standing on the brakes so i guess i'm lucky i didn't flop. And i still don't have my computer back so i can't load pics up.

Somehow the pics never completely convey what's actually going on. That "death turn" doesn't look too bad in the picture, but it felt like if i tipped another inch it would have gone over.
Its becaue of that big no-worry smile on your face - its deceiving. :)

It's one of those really weird spots. It really dosn't look like much, but it is. The real scary part is if you we're to try to get out of it with a little gas. Then you'd be rolling end over end down that hill.:(

By the way notice how no one has tried coming up that hill:p:

By the way notice how no one has tried coming up that hill:p:

are you sure you know which hill this is? its not the hill you flopped on, its the bypass for that hill. its u-turn and going up it wouldn't be too hard. as for the hill you flopped on, i've seen videos of guys going up it and i've been up it a few times myself. me and justin did i quick run there about a year ago and i drove up stic-os hill three times, but on the third time i was cut off by motorcycler at the top, get stuck, blew both hubs, and almost rolled over trying to turn around on the hill.

matt, it was a lot more sketchy in real life. i took the pic when things weren't to bad.

me and justin are gonna head out off-roading agian this sunday. maybe cleghorn again.

Somehow the pics never completely convey what's actually going on. That "death turn" doesn't look too bad in the picture, but it felt like if i tipped another inch it would have gone over. I was standing on the brakes so i guess i'm lucky i didn't flop. And i still don't have my computer back so i can't load pics up.

Bah
cleghorn0630_014.jpg
:D

thats the turn!!!!!!!! and Matt got just as bad as that!

Dave, whatever happened to that truck?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a great place to be...

These guys, I didn't think any of them would make it... but they all did, and with ease! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMGA0904.JPG
    IMGA0904.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMGA0959.JPG
    IMGA0959.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 187
  • IMGA0969.JPG
    IMGA0969.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 162
  • IMGA0906.JPG
    IMGA0906.JPG