Cleghorn trail, July 10th (SoCal)

R.J.

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
Me and some friends are going to run the Cleghorn trail Sunday July 10th.

this is actually my second attempt, this thread originally was for our run back on memorial day, but my car broke at the beggining of the trail

so lets get some more Fords going on this trip so I'm not surrounded by Toyotas and Jeeps!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

offroad008.jpg

IMG_0271Medium.jpg

..Here is a bump for ya..;)

...I almost didn't see the thread as I don't normally look at the stickies..

Wife and I have been talking about heading up to big bear for the weekend and camping out, Living so close makes it hard to not just drive home after. Never been on the bigbear trails yet other than burns canyon. She's got a yj that's mostly stock other than the 4" lift so I'm not sure? I'd like to do some wheelin now my turbo is done though.

The Cleghorn trail isn't really in big bear. But you can take it all the way into arrowhead if you cut on to the right trail.

As for me even making it out, it depends if I get my car past smog this weekend so thati can get tags for it

The Cleghorn trail isn't really in big bear. But you can take it all the way into arrowhead if you cut on to the right trail.

As for me even making it out, it depends if I get my car past smog this weekend so thati can get tags for it

Gotcha, I checked the map it's a good way north west of me. 1 to the hammers how hard is that trail?

Gotcha, I checked the map it's a good way north west of me. 1 to the hammers how hard is that trail?

It's as easy as you want it to be. It follows a fire road, with trails branching off of it following the same path. So the fire road is obviously easy. The only real difficult parts are extra stuff on the sides you would want to do for fun.

No can do.

A. Out of town
B. Busted rear axle shaft.:(

No can do.

A. Out of town
B. Busted rear axle shaft.:(

Steve, I think the last time I ran that trail with you you flopped... And your car was white... And el jefe Was there as a surprise appearance...

Steve, I think the last time I ran that trail with you you flopped... And your car was white... And el jefe Was there as a surprise appearance...

Yeap, that was how JP was born.:JP:

That section is closed off now. Can't go down it anymore. :(

Yeap, that was how JP was born.:JP:

That section is closed off now. Can't go down it anymore. :(

What!? what fun is that? :mad:

That's the best part. You flopped there, the Nissan guy crashed there, and I almost flipped there on another run.

Sounds like it's just me headed that way for sure? I'll just be doing a day trip on sunday morning around holcomb creek and little bear creek if anyone wants to join in.

I'm busy Sunday. Gonna hit the trail Monday morning. Did some more work on my truck and now its ready to go!

:mad: :hammer: Broke a leaf spring about half a mile into the trail

Well that sucks:thumbdwn:

I plan to make another trip out to cleghorn in a month or so. Whenever I can get a friend or two to go. Looked like a lot of fun stuff out there that I need to go back and try... after I swap out my leafs

broken%20leaf_zpsnmeqpis2.jpg
[/URL]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cleghorn #2 date is set. July 10th.

Back