Clicking/Rattle noise around driver side a-pillar | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clicking/Rattle noise around driver side a-pillar

orangesoda123

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Xlt, 26k
Hello Everyone,

A couple of months ago we had to have the windshield replaced in our Ex. Today I was driving it and noticed a clicking/rattle noise from what i believe is to be from the drivers side a-pillar area. It happens at freeway speeds or if you are fighting a wind at 45+mph. Has anyone run into this issue before? It didn't make this noise immediately after getting it replaced but its been getting colder here lately so maybe that has something to do with it. I looked at taking off the pillar but i'm afraid i'm going to break that thing.

Anyone have any idea what this could be? I'm not really sure if I should talk to the place the replaced my windshield or if i should talk to Ford about tracking it down. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I believe I have found the problem. I spent so much time looking for the rattle in the car i didn't bother to look on the outside. The plastic piece that runs up along the windshield was loose at the top and I think its rattling with high winds. I talked to the place that put in the windshield and they are going to replace it under warranty.

Back