Climate Control Option In Infotainment Screen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Climate Control Option In Infotainment Screen

KKRISKAL

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I have had few Ford vehicles before my current ST, Explorer, Navigator, Continental etc. and they all had the climate option in the infotainment screen which I liked a lot. But my ST does Not have that Climate tab at all in the infotainment screen. It was so easy to see during long drives especially in the night and I could just adjust/change settings etc. Now I have to look further down and find the right button to make changes. You have an iPad kind of screen, why would you remove an option?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Program didn't want it most likely. The never-ending battle between physical controls, touch controls and how much of each is needed for Climate.

Here is what the Manual shows re Climate;
Touch the climate button on the
touchscreen to access your climate control
features.

That would seem to indicate that there is a place on the screen for it. I can't recall if that is also on mine since I have it in 'Auto' mode all the time and use voice commands if the temp needs changing.

Peter

Here is what the Manual shows re Climate;
Touch the climate button on the
touchscreen to access your climate control
features.

That would seem to indicate that there is a place on the screen for it. I can't recall if that is also on mine since I have it in 'Auto' mode all the time and use voice commands if the temp needs changing.

Peter

Hi Peterk9, I think your Aviator is then different. What you have mentioned is how it used to be in my previous Ford/Lincoln vehicles. There used to be a Climate tab just like we have for Audio, Nav, Settings etc. They seem to have removed it for the ST. Are you able to still see the "Climate" tab on your touchscreen? because it is supposed to be there irrespective of if you are in Auto mode or not.

And the ST manual does Not mention climate control to be available on the touchscreen. This is what it states in my manual.

Note: You can control some of the climate features through the touchscreen.

The only time some controls are displayed on the touchscreen is when I press Rear button (physical button), a display pops up on the touchscreen where we can adjust the hot - Cold level and the fan speed.

Hi Peterk9, I think your Aviator is then different. What you have mentioned is how it used to be in my previous Ford/Lincoln vehicles. There used to be a Climate tab just like we have for Audio, Nav, Settings etc. They seem to have removed it for the ST. Are you able to still see the "Climate" tab on your touchscreen? because it is supposed to be there irrespective of if you are in Auto mode or not.

And the ST manual does Not mention climate control to be available on the touchscreen. This is what it states in my manual.

The only time some controls are displayed on the touchscreen is when I press Rear button (physical button), a display pops up on the touchscreen where we can adjust the hot - Cold level and the fan speed.
Any time you adjust fan speed or temperature with the buttons, the screen indicates setting for a few seconds. That way you won't have to look down at the controls and LED indicators. I think this is a smart and efficient set up.

The quote I posted was from the 2020 Explorer Owner's Manual in the Sync 3 section, page 456. FYI, I did not see a Climate tab on mine either. This will be the 2nd Winter I've had the Aviator and I really haven't missed or noticed the lack of the Climate screen. I guess each owner gets used to having familiar features in their vehicles and miss them when they aren't carried over year to year.
I wonder if there is any way of adding it using FORScan?

Peter

Any time you adjust fan speed or temperature with the buttons, the screen indicates setting for a few seconds. That way you won't have to look down at the controls and LED indicators. I think this is a smart and efficient set up.

You can also access some climate settings by pressing the menu button in the center of the climate controls. It stays on display longer also doing it that way.

Yeah, but I got used to the actual adjustments being on the touchscreen.

The quote I posted was from the 2020 Explorer Owner's Manual in the Sync 3 section, page 456. FYI, I did not see a Climate tab on mine either. This will be the 2nd Winter I've had the Aviator and I really haven't missed or noticed the lack of the Climate screen. I guess each owner gets used to having familiar features in their vehicles and miss them when they aren't carried over year to year.
I wonder if there is any way of adding it using FORScan?

Peter

Yeah, everything works so can't complain about Ford but as you said, it is just want each person is used to and gets a few days getting used to the new ways.

Back