• Register Today It's free!

climate control problem

Maximillian

Reaction score
City, State
Warren
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 XLT
2020 Explorer not heating as well on passenger side. Had it to Ford dealership for 3 days and they say they don't know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If one side is not heating/cooling as well as the other side, it's usually because of a blend door/actuator problem.

Peter

take it to another competent dealer

2020 Explorer not heating as well on passenger side. Had it to Ford dealership for 3 days and they say they don't know!
I have the same issue with my explorer. The mechanic saw both blend doors function properly. Then used a temp reader and had 140°F on driver side and 100°F on passenger side. He’s saying there is a blockage in the heater core.

I have the same issue with my explorer. The mechanic saw both blend doors function properly. Then used a temp reader and had 140°F on driver side and 100°F on passenger side. He’s saying there is a blockage in the heater core.
Welcome to the Forum Dave.

Peter

Let me know what you find...............I have had multiple HVAC issues and now after a new plenum and heater core the passenger side heat is not changing temp or nearly as hot as it should be. I'm no mechanic but the only two things left are the blend door on the passenger side or the actual control unit itself. Car is scheduled to go back for 3rd time next week but I am taking off the glove box myself and replacing the blend door motor. Aside from one bolt it doesn't look that difficult......................

It seems like my issue is even having it set at 70F it is still hot, the system seems to be really strong or partially malfunction. The seat heaters are epically strong too compared to my other cars and heat up so fast.

If one side is not heating/cooling as well as the other side, it's usually because of a blend door/actuator problem.

Peter
Had the actuators reset by local mechanic this week. Still not heating the same on passenger side.

Thanks for posting this. I will ask them to check the heater core.

I have a 2020 Ford Explorer with dual climate controls that is only putting out heat on the drivers side. Had 34,500 miles on it and under warranty when i took it to a Ford dealer. they replaced the heater box but it did no good. Took it back to the same dealer but warranty ran out at 36,000 miles and still no heat on passenger side and they will not stand behind it. They now say it is the heater core and want $1,000 to repair. In and out line on core both run hot to the touch. Does this sound like a core problem or something else.

I doubt it is the heater core. Maybe a blend door issue. Do you have Auto temp control? If so it changes if you have a passenger in the front seat.

I had this happen twice & was not able to replicate the issue.
For me, it was max heat out of the front passenger [couldn't reach the rear to feel] dash vents, on a 100*F day. Auto AC was set to max AC & rear was set to max cold & fan high.
Only happened twice over the summer, and hasn't since. Now at 37k miles, out of warranty.

I have a 2020 Ford Explorer with dual climate controls that is only putting out heat on the drivers side. Had 34,500 miles on it and under warranty when i took it to a Ford dealer. they replaced the heater box but it did no good. Took it back to the same dealer but warranty ran out at 36,000 miles and still no heat on passenger side and they will not stand behind it. They now say it is the heater core and want $1,000 to repair. In and out line on core both run hot to the touch. Does this sound like a core problem or something else.
I would tend to agree with Dale that it is likely an issue with a blend door actuator.
BTW, your thread was merged with this existing one.

Peter

If dual controls switch to single

we are also experiencing this problem, the warranty on the car has passed, there are no people who solved this problem? I don't think it's a radiator

It sounds more like a blend door issue. There are several threads on that where heat or cold air is only on one side. In most cases it was the blend door or actuator that was the problem. Did the dealer check for that? I would think if the issue was the heater core you would not have any heat at all. symptoms of a bad heater core - Google Search

Peter

Back