• Register Today It's free!

Clock has stopped working

Fordvirgin

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'12 Ford Explorer Limited
The clock in the dash has stopped working. The center screen clock is fine but the one in the dash just shows --:--. It does connect once in a while with the wrong time but it doesn't last long. Is this a MFT/SYNC issue or do I have a gremlin? I have not done the most recent update so maybe that is the problem? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it a blue explorer?... perhaps it's really a Tardis?

(We'll see "who" gets that reference. ;) )

Looks like you need to bring it in to the dealer to get the problem solved. Update/no update has nothing to do with it from your explanation.
Sounds like a loose wire/bad connection somewhere.

The clock in the dash has stopped working. The center screen clock is fine but the one in the dash just shows --:--. It does connect once in a while with the wrong time but it doesn't last long. Is this a MFT/SYNC issue or do I have a gremlin? I have not done the most recent update so maybe that is the problem? Has anyone else had this happen to them?
I don't think it is an MFY/SYNC issue and it shouldn't have anything to do with not having the latest update. Could be a bad connection or chip. There must be some communication between the two time indicators since the only one that you can adjust is the MFT clock. Something to have the dealer check into.

Peter

Insert standard advice.

Do master reset, pull fuse 29, disconnect battery.

After that doesn't fix it, drive car into lake, problem Will then be resolved as no electronics will work and then it will be operating normally.

I have to agree with everyone else, Fordvirgin. It sounds like a trip to your dealer is in order to remove that pesky gremlin! ;) You can try to perform a Master Reset to see if that will help, but more than likely it won't:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Keep us posted!

Rebecca

Back