Clock issue - Solved by connecting phone? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clock issue - Solved by connecting phone?

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
I've had the clock issue recently after my MFT did some system resets. It's either an hour or 15 minutes off. However, I didn't connect my phone because the MFT had issues detecting my phone and so thats when the clock problems happened. When I was able to connect my phone to the MFT, the time was exact everytime to the phone's time.

I'm guessing the clock issue can be solved by just connecting your phone to the MFT system. I have v2.4.

I haven't heard about the clock issue for a while so does anyone still have it? Will an update fix the clock issue? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had the clock issue recently after my MFT did some system resets. It's either an hour or 15 minutes off. However, I didn't connect my phone because the MFT had issues detecting my phone and so thats when the clock problems happened. When I was able to connect my phone to the MFT, the time was exact everytime to the phone's time.

I'm guessing the clock issue can be solved by just connecting your phone to the MFT system. I have v2.4.

I haven't heard about the clock issue for a while so does anyone still have it? Will an update fix the clock issue? Thanks.
I had the issue of the time being one hour behind, I ajusted the MFT settings to include "daylight savings" and haven't had the issue again, that was about two months ago. I have factory installed V2.7

Since my system was upgraded to 2.8 my clock issues stopped. Before going to 2.8 my clock would stop all the time and would'nt fix itself until turning the car off and back on.

It seems my clock goes to the wrong time after I use all the MFT features, usb, radio, phone. but not all the time. Who knows!

Hey guys,

I researched this and found SYNC Engineering is currently looking into this concern. I also found that if your vehicle has navigation, you can activate GPS time synchronization in the Clock menu as the GPS module is tracking the correct time.

Cory

Back