Clock & Temp will not update on Touchscreen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clock & Temp will not update on Touchscreen

Reaction score
City, State
Near the Saltwater, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
2 things - I noticed this problem after a SYNC update and my SYNC services subscription just expired (that should not affect this right?)

Anyone else notice this problem recently or ever?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does it update on the right information display? The loss of SYNC Services should not affect this. Have you tried doing a Master Reset? You will likely lose a few settings that you have saved but I would try that.

I'm moving this to the IVT forum.

Peter

Hi OldSchoolDropout,

An update or SYNC Services ending shouldn't cause this to happen, but a master reset to your system should correct it. Here are the instructions:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch

If you're still having this issue after the reset, please be sure to see your dealer so they can diagnose this. Let me know if you have any questions.

Rebecca

Thanks for the replies. Master Reset worked... then 30 minutes or so to fix back the settings, etc. not counting Nav. favorites - wife is going to love that.

It has never done that particular weird thing in 3 years, lots of SYNC problems the 1st year until the one big upgrade. Still think more than coincidence it started right after a SYNC update.

Like my Grandfather always said - "Technology, it's great when it's working for ya".

:hammer:

Or you could have tried the "Sticky: MFT Acting Up, try this" at the top of the page....I've used it and it works well, without the data loss of the Master Reset....Plum

Back