Cloyes Timing Chain Kit Long Term Review | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Cloyes Timing Chain Kit Long Term Review

exodia887

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
Does anybody have a long term usage review of the cloyes timing chain kit with balance SHAFT (Part number is 9-0398S)? I'm planning to buy this kit for a FORD EXPLORER 2005 XLT 4.0 V6 4WD.

I'll aprecciate any help.

Thanks.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Number4

"I'm counting to 3, then I'm getting your dad."
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Woodstock, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer 4.6l
I can tell you that if you paid a shop to do the work, that's most likely what they'd use.

<

exodia887

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
Thanks for your repply. I'll take that in consideration.

<

XtremeRanger

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Ranger XLT
I just used that set in a girls truck here at work.....IIRC that set had Ford Part numbers on it. I will probably end up using the same set in my 02 Ranger.

<

ExploreDeep

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer XLS sport
That's what I put in my engine when my chains went. 13,000 miles and not a single hitch so far. very pleased

<