Cluster: 2nd gen B2 = 1st gen Explorer??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cluster: 2nd gen B2 = 1st gen Explorer???

Spartan

Reaction score
City, State
Sun Prairie WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT, 5.0 2WD
Quick Question.

Are the insrument clusters form an 89 Bronco 2 and a 92 Ford Explorer interchangeable??

I am starting a new LED project, and was wondering if i can use the Bronco 2 cluster out of my old B2 as the prototype to screw around with and possibly to plug into my explorer.

Thanks in advance!!

It definitely won't be plug and play.
I'm currently undertaking a similar project, except I'm going digital. Here's the thread (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257233&page=2). Many questions as to what's needed wiring wise, is discussed in the first few pages. Your wiring is going to be different, this is just to give you an idea of what is required.

EDIT:

Wait...I'm sorry I thought first gen, even though you said gen 2...I'd think they would be fairly similar, but you still need wiring diagrams to make sure the wires all go to the right places.

Meh.... they look the same.......on the outside...

And I think they plug into the harness the same too.

The reason i want to know is because I'm using an old B2 cluster to prototype a blue cluster backlit by LEDs . If Its not the same, I'll just give it to my buddie Jim, as his B2 is blue like my exploder, and he would like it I'm sure.

Back