Cluster pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cluster pics

Dang it I was hoping there was hope for our generation to not have this as a complete fault. And your x is the first I've seen or hear of with the advance trac badge.:

Nah, it's a fault in all of them. Mine cracked right after I washed the truck in the driveway on a sunny, 70'ish degree day in Sept last year. I do remember opening and closing the rear tailgate right after I washed the truck to put my cleaning brush away, then parked the truck for the night and the next morning I found the crack there while walking behind the truck. At first, I thought it was a trickle of water running down the tailgate(truck color is black) and I ran my finger over it and realized what it was and then the curse words started flying! :mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

560266_3731051406521_1881250658_n.jpg

2nd gen before gauges

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/598720_4441027675484_1959373447_n.jpg
2nd gen after (sorry bad lighting)

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/28844_4441034795662_977017404_n.jpg
after with lights on

Hey that's really cool!! I have a 2nd gen and been wanting to swap out mine for the newer style like yours. They have a sporty look to em. Did you change your radio lights and climate controls to blue also?

nope not yet going to change all lights to blue and it should be sporty it is an explorer sport

Exactly. I got a five speed and no redline on the tach! I really wish they would have decked out the interior of the sport with cool "sporty" stuff. I mean there isn't even a sport badge on the dash or anything. Guess its up to us to make it happen. Yours looks good though, but also blinding in the dark. Are you able to dim it down still? I like mine dark at night.

no cant dim but it is not that bright my stereo is brighter

Mine is an '02 with the same cluster. I actually prefer it to the other styles for the third gen:D

I agree, '02 is the year to have. I like the dash dimmer though. I'll have to do some experimenting In the junkyard. I want a factory look.

Funny I have an 02 and an 03 and except for the message center they look the same.

Rondo, does your mounty cluster gas needle go all the way to full? ever since i swapped from stock mine hasnt gone to full, even when i stand there and top off the tank several times. It just barely reaches the notch before full

Steve, here is a pic of my gauge right after I filled up:

GasFullDayCustom.jpg

heres my mounty cluster swapped into my explorer. I got lucky and found one with 4hi and 4low

also, i dont have a low gas gauge anymore either :D

Steve, I got lucky too and scored a Mounty cluster with 4 Hi / 4 Low & all the correct idiot lights. I think that's because I don't have the message center and the Mounty cluster I got didn't have the message center either. I see that your Mounty cluster has the message center. Did your old cluster have the message center?

LowFuelLightDayCustom.jpg

Believe it or not, out of all the 2002 - 2005 Explorers on the road, only the 2002 model year had a different gauge cluster. The font is completely different from the 2003 - 2005 model years. That's why yours is like that.

Here is my original cluster. I have an Early Build '02:

OriginalClusterCustom.jpg

Ron, here's two pictures of mine after a fill up and top off(put almost 2 more gallons in after the pump kicked off). First is from the steering wheel, second is from the blinker arm
IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

Steve, the second picture looks like it is on the F.

Steve, here is a pic of my gauge right after I filled up:

GasFullDayCustom.jpg

It does Ron, i think I have a slight case of OCD. The two pictures above look like they were taken at about the same angle and the full needles aren't comparable. Maybe I'm just being picky :dunno:

It does Ron, i think I have a slight case of OCD. The two pictures above look like they were taken at about the same angle and the full needles aren't comparable. Maybe I'm just being picky :dunno:

Nothing wrong with being picky. Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't after you. :p:

Back